Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

** Question ?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  astroracer 
#1 ·
Has any of you ever used Eastwood's cast Aluminum paint on you aluminum intakes. I was wondering if it looks good. My intake is a little on the ugly side, it has some dark spots on it I cant get off. Its ether engine color or the cast paint. I cant see buying a $300 or $400 intake when mine is good all but the ugly. Its the intake the picture. I painted it with silver but don't like that real shiny look.

#4 ·
I usually get mine powder coated after media blasting Bobby.

#5 ·
#10 ·

Clean the casting with lacquer thinner to remove any GREASE OR OIL, wipe it down with wax and grease remover then spray it with a good ceramic based silver BRAKE CALIPER paint. This stuff looks exactly like cast aluminum when you are done and the intake will take no stains. Oil and coolant will clean right off.
I use VHT's silver.

This is that intake painted and installed on the wagon. You can see we had some coolant leakage while getting stuff sorted. This all wipes off. I clean with a little Simple Green on those blue shop towels. The intake has been in place since '14. it still cleans up nice.
Try it, it works. This will work on any part you want to keep nice. Water pumps (even cast iron ones), alternators, etc. Again, stressing the clean thing.
This the Air Gap on the 509 I am putting in my Astro. It was painted with the caliper paint.

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.