Confused why everyone hates Ecklers? - Page 2 - TriFive.com, 1955 Chevy 1956 chevy 1957 Chevy Forum , Talk about your 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy - Belair , 210, 150 sedans , Nomads and Trucks, Research, Free Tech Advice

Click here to see our full list of sponsors for all your Parts and Restoration Needs

Click here to find Out all of the Latest information on the Danchuk Tri-five Nationals


Go Back   TriFive.com, 1955 Chevy 1956 chevy 1957 Chevy Forum , Talk about your 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy - Belair , 210, 150 sedans , Nomads and Trucks, Research, Free Tech Advice > This is a list of our Official Sponsors , Quality 55-56-57 parts Click Here > Ecklers Special Area of Trifive.com
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Top Posters Mobile Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
HomePage Todays Post Mark Forums Read upcoming Events
Newsletter 55-56-57 Chevy Parts & Services Official Sponsors
Photo Gallery Garage Photos Trifive Classifieds Trifive on Facebook Calendar Tech Articles Arcade Oldies
Trifive Cards Car Certificate Trifive Brochure Help with Photos Website Help Videos Contact Us

Ecklers Special Area of Trifive.com This his special area of the Forum belongs to Ecklers, Members can ask questions and get answers about Ecklers, parts and policies, and get free Tech support about Ecklers Products only. Post about any other company’s products or services will be deleted if posted in this forum

Parts on Ebay            
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2019, 02:20 PM   #11
55Moredoor
Senior Member 1 Silver Star



 
55Moredoor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 603
Member #41731
Default

I don't buy here but for a totally different reason than most. As I am Canadian, I have hired a company that offers to receive US deliveries on my behalf. The item gets shipped to them, they hold it until I make the 45 minute trip to their shop and pay the flat rate fee to retrieve my parcel. I then declare the item at Customs when returning to Canada, pay the associated taxes and duties and take my parcel home.

The problem with Eckler's is that since the item is shipped to NY state, they insist on charging me NY state taxes. I have tried all manner of courtesy and diplomacy to make them see that my billing address is in Canada and that I have no reason to be paying NY state tax - I am neither a resident of NY or the US. Every other distributor I deal with (and there are a few) have no problem in applying common sense to my situation and not charge me US taxes. Ecklers's is content with an explanation that their system does it 'automatically" and somehow can't be changed. Fair enough, I'll deal with the companies who can. With a 37% exchange on the dollar, I just can't afford to pay taxes twice.

I think "hate" might be too strong a word to use in regards to my feelings towards Eckler's - indifference would likely be more descriptive. I just spend my weak dollar elsewhere.
__________________
Nothing is ever as hard or as easy as it first appears to be!
55Moredoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-23-2019, 04:20 PM   #12
Old Buzzard
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars



 
Old Buzzard's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GA.
Posts: 4,935
Member #3388
Send a message via AIM to Old Buzzard
Default

"They don't manufacture, so they only know what the supplier of the item tells them and don't know if it fits or not. "
If I rely on a company to sell me a part, for a specific application, it's their responsibility to qc what they sell.
__________________
Chuck
Injector inspector.
55 210 sedan, rust bucket. The last hoorah!
Hotrodding and dragracing since 1955.

USAF, 67th Recon Tech. Yokota AFB, Japan.
6594th Test sqdn, Westover, AFB, MA. The guys that brought you the Cuban missile pics. 1960-64.
Old Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:46 PM   #13
acardon

Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert




 
acardon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southlake, Texas
Posts: 24,645
Member #1888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Buzzard View Post
"They don't manufacture, so they only know what the supplier of the item tells them and don't know if it fits or not. "
If I rely on a company to sell me a part, for a specific application, it's their responsibility to qc what they sell.
Sure, that happens. They have a bunch of tri-5's sitting around, so they can put a bumper on or floor board in to make sure it fits.
__________________
Don
Sent from my 1981 IBM 5150 PC.
acardon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:30 PM   #14
BO185
LS Tech and Moderator



 
BO185's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 9,499
Member #1955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Moredoor View Post
I don't buy here but for a totally different reason than most. As I am Canadian, I have hired a company that offers to receive US deliveries on my behalf. The item gets shipped to them, they hold it until I make the 45 minute trip to their shop and pay the flat rate fee to retrieve my parcel. I then declare the item at Customs when returning to Canada, pay the associated taxes and duties and take my parcel home.

The problem with Eckler's is that since the item is shipped to NY state, they insist on charging me NY state taxes. I have tried all manner of courtesy and diplomacy to make them see that my billing address is in Canada and that I have no reason to be paying NY state tax - I am neither a resident of NY or the US. Every other distributor I deal with (and there are a few) have no problem in applying common sense to my situation and not charge me US taxes. Ecklers's is content with an explanation that their system does it 'automatically" and somehow can't be changed. Fair enough, I'll deal with the companies who can. With a 37% exchange on the dollar, I just can't afford to pay taxes twice.

I think "hate" might be too strong a word to use in regards to my feelings towards Eckler's - indifference would likely be more descriptive. I just spend my weak dollar elsewhere.
. Its not the vendors fault most likely, if you are shipping it to a NY address. NY may require collection of state tax no matter if you live their or not or the company has a location there or not. Depends on the state law. Even if not a resident or citizen you still have to pay sales tax, state dependent as mentioned. Example, if you physically bought anything at a store you’ll pay state tax at the register. Now some states are now even collecting tax on out of state sales namely Amazon for example that are delivered to their state.
__________________
Four Seasons Metalworks

-CnC Metal art
-Custom Signs
-Custom metal parts
-Powder Coating Services

Gen III/IV "LS" swap info
TECH: LS motor to Early Auto Transmission

Email or PM me your LS questions if you need help
[email protected]
-55 210 delray 235/3sp
-73 IH 1210 Travelette SV392, 5sp, 4x4, 4.10's
-73 IH Scout II Vortec 6.0L 4L65e np241
-01 VW Beetle TDI 50+MPG!
BO185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:34 PM   #15
mickeywestsr

Trifive Leaders Club


mickeywestsr has made a donation to the forum!

 
mickeywestsr's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Posts: 50,531
Member #1970
Thumbs up

good post Don .....
Cowboy

__________________

GO VOLS
COWBOY
mickeywestsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:28 PM   #16
oldusafmsgt
Senior Member



 
oldusafmsgt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: AL
Posts: 201
Member #33907
Default

If you've never had a problem with Ecklers, you've either bought very little from them, or been extremely lucky. I've bought from them since they bought CCI , and their service has steadily declined to the point that it's now ridiculous. I now woudn't buy a screw from them. Higher prices and higher shipping charges on the same parts other suppliers have. In stock parts become back ordered parts, months to get refunds/exchanges, rude and dishonest customer service personnel.


And I worked for them for two years, and know exactly what they tell their employee's, and their company policies. Buyers beware.
__________________
Greg Embury
oldusafmsgt


Came home at 3 days old in a 55 210 2 door sedan-and I've been addicted ever since.

oldusafmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:10 PM   #17
nomadawhat
Senior Member 1 Gold Star



 
nomadawhat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Posts: 1,374
Member #5024
Send a message via Skype™ to nomadawhat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodg726 View Post
In the past I have tried being uber polite and courteous with ecklers however I have had the following list of complaints about them.
1. claim to have part in stock then find out a week later when it did not show up that is is on back order.
2. delay or refusal to refund after item #1
3. rude, ignorant customer service.
4. poor packaging for shipment
5. parts missing and unable to provide replacements
6. items significantly not as described
7. EXORBITANT OVERBLOATED SHIPPING COSTS AND PRICING

after all of that I refuse to buy from them any more, just not worth the BS
I have bought parts from them over the years. Used to get the "club" discount and speedy USPS postage down under. In recent years I have only bought their specials, but only after doing a price comparison with other vendors.
On my last buy I encountered 1 & 2 from your list. The website said the parts were in stock so I placed the order and paid thru Paypal. A week or so later I had not received a shipping advice so I sent an email.
I got a quick response that 2 of the items were backordered. I asked them to cancel those parts, refund the cost and send the rest.
I got a message back saying they would do that. I got the parts, but no refund so I contacted them and they responded - "will be done soon".
No result 2 weeks alter and no response from emails, so I escalated it thru Paypal and Paypal solved it in a couple of days.

I will say I was very happy with the amount that Paypal refunded.

Cheers, Des
nomadawhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:26 PM   #18
55Moredoor
Senior Member 1 Silver Star



 
55Moredoor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 603
Member #41731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BO185 View Post
. Its not the vendors fault most likely, if you are shipping it to a NY address. NY may require collection of state tax no matter if you live their or not or the company has a location there or not. Depends on the state law. Even if not a resident or citizen you still have to pay sales tax, state dependent as mentioned. Example, if you physically bought anything at a store you’ll pay state tax at the register. Now some states are now even collecting tax on out of state sales namely Amazon for example that are delivered to their state.
Since everyone else I order from doesn't charge me NY sales tax then I think in this case it IS the vendor's fault. Other companies seem to be able to apply common sense to the situation, why not these guys too?

When I buy something in store then of course I would expect to be charged sales tax - that is totally different.
__________________
Nothing is ever as hard or as easy as it first appears to be!
55Moredoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:58 PM   #19
Old 55-57 Fan
Member



 
Old 55-57 Fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Moneta, VA
Posts: 60
Member #49570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldusafmsgt View Post
If you've never had a problem with Ecklers, you've either bought very little from them, or been extremely lucky. I've bought from them since they bought CCI , and their service has steadily declined to the point that it's now ridiculous. I now woudn't buy a screw from them. Higher prices and higher shipping charges on the same parts other suppliers have. In stock parts become back ordered parts, months to get refunds/exchanges, rude and dishonest customer service personnel.


And I worked for them for two years, and know exactly what they tell their employee's, and their company policies. Buyers beware.
Same here. I quit soon after they bought out Late Great Chevys. They pull a sneaky move on me (us) soon after they took over. Rather than being upfront and honest about it, they deliberately left out an important part of their new club rules. I had just re-upped for 2 years and called them out on it. They wouldn't budge and I quit demanding my money back. I'll give them credit there though. I got the refund pretty quick. Although I've had nothing to do with them ever since.

Almost everyone I know has an Eckler's story. Maybe another time.

Last edited by Old 55-57 Fan; 04-14-2019 at 09:02 PM..
Old 55-57 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why didn't Ecklers post my review? 55 Tony Ecklers Special Area of Trifive.com 2 02-26-2016 07:24 AM
NHRA hates Street Outlaws 56owner Chit Chat Area, Anything on your mind goes here. 46 03-06-2015 01:17 PM
Why I went with Ecklers this time... Delray55 Ecklers Special Area of Trifive.com 6 02-19-2015 10:15 AM
my 55 hates me Rich Rogers Project Update Section, Post your Project updates here 32 11-30-2014 04:41 PM
Ecklers Classic / Ecklers Corvette ? finn210 Trifive Official Sponsors Announcements & Parts for sale This forum is for our Official Sponsors 7 10-28-2013 04:04 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:46 AM.

Click here to see our full list of sponsors for all your Parts and Restoration Needs

Websites
www.tri-5.com www.tri-fives.com www.trifive.com

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
1957 CHEVROLET BEL AIR Information, 1957 CHEVROLET BEL AIR Specifications, 1957 CHEVROLET BEL AIR Resources, 1957 CHEVROLET BEL AIR Pictures, 1957 CHEVROLET 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 55 chevy pictures 55 chevy parts 55 chevy truck 55 chevy pickup 55 chevy nomad 55 chevy gasser 55 chevy pro street 56 chevy pictures 56 chevy parts 56 chevy truck 56 chevy pickup 56 chevy nomad 56 chevy gasser 56 chevy pro street 57 chevy pictures 57 chevy parts 57 chevy truck 57 chevy pickup 57 chevy nomad 57 chevy gasser 57 chevy pro street 55 chevy photos 55 chevy parts 55 chevy truck 55 chevy pickup 55 chevy nomad 55 chevy gasser 55 chevy pro street 56 chevy photos 56 chevy parts 56 chevy truck 56 chevy pickup 56 chevy nomad 56 chevy gasser 56 chevy pro street 57 chevy photos 57 chevy parts 57 chevy truck 57 chevy pickup 57 chevy nomad 57 chevy gasser 57 chevy pro street 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad belair Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five belair Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 belair chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy belair 57 chevy 1955 Chevy belair 1956 Chevybelair 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy belair 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five belair Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy belair 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy belair 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five 55chevy 55 chevy pictures 55 chevy parts 55 chevy truck 55 chevy pickup 57 chevy 55 chevy nomad 55 chevy gasser 55 chevy pro street Searches related to 57chevy 57 chevy pictures 57 chevy 57 chevy truck 57 chevy parts 57 chevy pickup 57 chevy nomad 1957 chevy Tri5