Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Betsy has a BAD attitude and a new altitude

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  garlok 
#1 ·
Finally took the 56 off the jack stands today, Heidts spindles, A frames, dropped springs, Addco sway bar, CPP 500 box, CPP power booster-master cylinder, ECI disc brake kit. The Heidts tech guy said it would be low, he was right, I LIKE it !:cool:. Drove it around the block a couple of times, I sure like the feel of the new steering, even with my tape measure front end alignment. Still got some kinks to work out, car sits at way to much rake for me, needs to get a proper alignment, and I think my front brakes might be dragging a smidge, but I think once this set up is dialed in its going to be nice. Happy Easter everybody John

#3 ·
Marty, me computers and digital cameras are a bad mix, and I am on dial up so everything is painfully SLOW! I wanted to see Shakey Puddins wheelie video BAD, but my computer was having none of it. Maybe some day we will run into each other, I am in WA. also, the soggy side. John

#4 ·
and I am on dial up
I am right there with you, I get a whooping 21.6 KPS:rolleyes: and i know what you mean about videos and such, when i see those threads i just move on. One of these days i will have paid the phone company enough money to have upgraded phone lines:rolleyes::D

#6 ·
Silvana, West of Arlington, If you ever get out this way there is a butcher shop in town, do yourself a favor and pick up a couple of steaks. Good car show in Silvana in May. The guy that puts it on runs a store in town with a LOT of model car & die cast stuff. John

#11 ·
Phil, I like the ECI brake kit, I am a fab guy so I can appreciate nice work, and their brackets are very nice, I also liked the minamal outboard offset of the kit, I planned on going low so this was a big consideration for me. The off the shelf rotors and calipers are another thing I wanted for ease of replacment in case something goes haywire in Timbuktu. Mickey, I promise one of these days I will spend some time with the camera and figure it out and post some pictures. John

Mama says "I thought that car was all done and you didnt need to do anything to it":)

#13 ·
Thanks Carl, David I should be there, R&L Auto Repair huh? I used to go to Bear Alignment in Everett but they are not in their old location anymore. I dont know if they just moved or are gone. I always like to go into a shop where there are a few old timers around. I am going out into the shop to measure for lowering blocks, now. Next winters project, spring relocation, mini tubs, and big baloneys, already gathering parts! I love Craigslist. Later John

#15 ·
UPDATE! Front end all lined up, I really like the way the car drives:tu. Steering box has a real nice feel, not to light, not to heavy on the steering effort. Sway bar really helped to get rid of that wallowing boat feel. And the power brakes are great! Take care everybody John

#17 ·
Your setup is a lot like mine...500 steering box and the ECI disc conversion and a sway bar...so I'm glad to hear that it drives nice. I have stock spindles and one inch lower front coils so almost a stock stance. Hope to be running in a month or so...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.