Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Beaded 57 Chevy?

7K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  gertman2000 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

So I'm taking a break from my Wooden 57 Chevy.....I'm actually a bit disappointed how all the pieces don't seem to fit together so nicely.

So, now I'm knee deep in Perler Beads!!! Some people just call them melti-beads. Here check out my progress....it's a few weeks worth of work and they're not all melted together yet.

Enjoy:

Vehicle Car Classic car Hardtop

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

See less See more
#8 ·
How do you do it?

Very interesting project, looks like it's going to be very unique.:congrats:
Maybe a little info/discussion on the process if you want to share would definitely interest me, and I'm thinking the others as well.:tu
Will be following this project, keep up the good work and :anim_25:

Later,:burnout:
Jim

#11 ·
Wow, I'm so flattered and surprised from all the interest.[emoji2]

Okay here is a full explanation with pictures:

I used this website to create the pattern from an image I download from the net:
http://www.hikingdave.com/perlerDesign.htm

Here is what the patterns look like and the clear peg board I use directly on top:

Here's a close up of the beads:

Here is a package of beads:

I use a "pen" to help speed up bead placement:

Now, I only have 4 clear peg boards so can only make 4 boards worth, which are 39x39 beads at a time. Then I use masking tape to pull them off and lay them on the dining room table. I still need to poke air holes in the bottom and then put parchment paper on top and iron everything together.

Again, I'm so glad everyone enjoys seeing this project.

#13 · (Edited)
Pretty much yes. After you assemble a design, to finish it, you need to use a clothing iron to melt the beads together. Once melted they can be picked up as one piece.

In my case the design is so huge that there is no way it would be strong enough to pick up because it would just break apart from all the weight. My plan is to melt them all together and then put it in a frame and hang it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.