Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Pictures of latest 56 Progress

29K views 247 replies 38 participants last post by  GREEN 56 
#1 ·
Here are some pictures of the India Ivory paint in the trunk done last Thursday and a shot of the blue on the underside done a few weeks ago.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks Carl, when I first started trying to decide on color choice I was dead set against turquoise and ivory because it is so common on tri fives. But later own I realized there is a reason for that. Its because it looks so darn good on them that its timeless.

#12 ·
Just finished sand blasting the glove box lid, ash tray and glove box hinge so they can be painted with the dash. Of coarse the hinge and inner part of the ash tray will get painted grey but at least they are blasted with the other parts that will be painted turquoise blue along with the dash. Its been a slow process, but its moving forward a little at a time.

#13 ·
I am still sanding and polishing exterior trim pieces as I have time. One really doesn't realize exactly how many pieces of trim there is on a 56 Bel Air until you start re working all of them. Most were in decent shape to start with. Just a few with small little ping dents and several with some scratches. Only one piece had to be replaced with a donor original.

#17 ·
The Dash is Painted !

Here are some shots of the color on the dash. It was painted Tuesday, some pollen has settled on it when I took these pictures just gets sucked in the shop bay when the doors open. Pollen has been awful around here lately. The dash has not yet received final rub down and buffing.

Attachments

#29 ·
Thanks Red. To be honest it doesn't seem real that we have got the build this far. It was over seven years ago that I bought this car as a mostly disassembled rolling body and chassis builder. It had the normal amount of rust and had been re painted at least three times but and never been restored. But had very good quarter panels and over all was a good candidate for a frame off build. Several years and much money sweat and labor of love from myself and others it has managed to get to this point. Working a little bit at a time myself and several friends have managed to get it this far. It will really be nice to see it back on the frame again. I will be adding updates to this thread as the build moves forward as slow as it may be. I am posting pictures of the frame and chassis, engine and trans as we assembled them some time back for this car. In a few weeks if all goes as planned they should again be back together body on frame.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.