Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

*Classic Car Insurance Opinions and Experiences

12K views 31 replies 24 participants last post by  57tim 
#1 ·
Hello All....Looking for Member's Opinions and Experiences (Good and Bad) with Classic Car Insurance Companies. Any Input Welcome and Appreciated!

#5 ·
Had one of the fancy insurance outfits. Now just ad on the my normal policy. Not stated value anymore. Mike

#7 ·
You guys need to try American Modern I believe they are the company that Hagerty Ins Agency writes their insurance thru. Luckily my agent write for both and every year American Modern is a whole lot cheaper,and more coverage also. Had a claim and they resolved it very quickly.

#8 ·
Not stated value anymore. Mike
No matter which company you use you want "agreed value" when insuring your classic. "Larry48" is a member here and has Heritage insurance.
Terry

#9 · (Edited)
Just curious. Have Heritage in Texas with Larry48. Agreed value.
Has anyone here lost or totaled theirs without agreed value and what did your insurance pay? :shakehands: :bowtier: Not a debate. If it is totaled or stolen I know exactly what they will cut me a check for.
In 1966, the 57 hdt I rear ended with my nearly new 65 mustang, wanted to total it for $300. I told him to please sue me. They fixed his car and he got a new paint job. Absolutely true story, real life. Lloyd

#22 ·
TOTAL LOSS

This isn't an answer to question but I thought it needed to be brought out.
We have had several customers that had a total loss due to an accident. Every customer has received a settlement that they were pleased with and every customer has retained their vehicle for a rebuild or parts. The companies have worked really well with the insured so they could keep their vehicle after the total loss.

#12 ·
My 61 bubbletop is insured w/ State Farm for an agreed value of $33,000.My payments are $108. semi annually.

Attachments

#17 ·
I had a guy hit my Nomad while it was parked,Called Grundy, theyasked me to take to a body shop of my choosing, They sent an appraiser to my house to look at damage, called shop & said to fix, they sent the shop a check direct, very happy with them,, Dick
That's good to hear of the service, I also have had Grundy for years now after leaving Hagerty. Grundy is a third of the cost that Hagerty wanted,

#23 ·
Great response

I just wanted to post that Ashley at Heritage was great to work with and within 48 hours of contact I have a substantial agreed upon value policy with Grundy for a price that I am very pleased with.

The directives about data and pictures needed was clear and concise and, apparently, the underwriter was satisfied with the submissions and I now have my recently completed 1955 BelAir Hardtop RESTOMOD insured at a comfortable level.

#24 · (Edited)
I don't know if Larry wants this posted here, or if it's been posted previously, but I'm going to go ahead.

Larry has had some serious health problems and that may be a factor in the recent responses. I am on his mailing list and found out through that.

I don't know Larry personally but he's a car guy and has solid personal values, plus he's sold quite a few here good insurance that they are happy with, and he's knowledgeable about what he sells.

So give him and his staff a break while he works through his health issues if you can. And keep him in your prayers.

I did get an email from him just today from his mailing list. I hope that means he's doing better and is going to be more active than the past few months.

And by the way, Larry IS Heritage Insurance, not just a rep.

#29 ·
I had Hagerty originaly for my 57 convertible And switched to
AARP/The Hartford Ins. under their "Toys Ins. which covers Classic
cars,boats,trucks and other toys. BIG SAVINGS VS. Hagerty....

I saved BIG $$$ A Funny story though, I terminated my Hagerty Policy
to end July 31st at midnight, and The Hartford Started at 12:01 Aug. 1st
Connecticut terminated my registration for lack of insurance. CT. DMV is
very screwed up and took three months to realized their error even though
I provided all necessary documintation. I still cruised anyway (with my papers). If your an old AARP cruiser like me, Please checkout The Hartford.

#30 ·
Larry hasn't posted on the site in over a year.
Gosh, I hope his health is OK.

#31 ·
Had some work done at a well known Hot Rod shop and I was asking the principals unbiased opinion on what he felt I should realistically insure my car for....

The subject quickly turned to insurance carriers and he emphatically told me that as a restoration expert on Tri-fives that Hagerty was the best to work with from his perspective.....

He stated that many times have people brought their cars in for collision repairs and he is generally unable to correctly repair their car for the settled amount and the customer needs to pony up the cost delta...... he said with Hagerty it has never been an issue.....

I checked their rates and they are higher but I am considering.....

Interesting perspective......

#32 ·
You get what you pay for.

I had a claim for a mouse hole in my headliner. Adjuster came and determined it would be $950 to replace it and the check was it my hand in a week. More then covered the work and they didn't ask for any documentation since it was an adjusters price.

Second claim-one spring I rolled up my passenger window and over the winter it cracked. I gave the agent the cost of the glass shipped from Auto City and my glass guy said a price to install and the check was in my hands again in a week or less. She just wanted a copy of the invoice and installers bill.

The labor bill with the sales tax added was less then $2.00 more then my estimate. I sent her the documents and I got a check for the extra money which I didn't ever expect. That is my reason to keep Hagerty.

I have checked other insurance and see no reason to switch.:bowtier:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.