Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Need help w/ Paint Code - PPG Classic Putty

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  angs1957 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,
Hope I can get the help I am looking for here. I am looking for the paint code for a color by PPG Automotive paints called "Classic Putty". (2018 or 2019 year)
Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks
Oldsku5

#3 ·
I think that's one of the colors which Kendig=it put on a '55 Sedan a few years ago, and a friend of mine purchased another '55 sedan which was an attempted 'klone' of the Kendig-it car using that color.

#11 ·
How long ago did he paint that 55 the color in question? Kindig switched from PPG to Sikkins a few years ago. But yes, he rarely uses off the shelf colors, he likes to custom mix colors for any specific car to get just the look he wants.

Someone mentioned its so he and PPG can pat each other on the back and rake in the cash. How would that actually turn into cash if no one else can buy or get the same color? If anything it would hurt the paint company because people that see and want that exact color can't have it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.