Project Update Section, Post your Project updates hereThis section is for Project Updates only, So post any updates of your trifive projects. >Do not post tech
questions in this area of the forum = Remember only projects updates should be posted here.
I thought I might share some pics of my 55 chev that is a work in progress.I have owned this car for approximately 4 years, it is a VC55L that I imported from California to Australia.
The car came with a 350, 010 block and th350 box.When the car first arrived, there were lots of little parts missing, so it took me the best part of a year to get it registered and on the road.
In that time I fitted front and rear retractable seat belts, rewired the entire car and replaced many parts to make sure the car was safe to drive. I have had lots of help from my dad who is a very good mechanic and also happens to own a 55 chevy. Early this year I decided to take the car off the road to do some work, well we all know how that goes...
In the first picture, my car is on the left and my dad's car is the blue/white one. Since then both cars have come off the road for some upgrades.My plan is to redo the front sheet metal, rebuild the small block,add a cpp 500 steering box and shortened column,front disc brakes and new stainless brake lines,new booster and master cylinder,2" drop spindles,qa1 coilovers, Earl Williams new side engine mounts (Great product) cpp tubular A arms and sway bar.
I will also purchase a raingear wiper system 2 speed/delay.prc alloy radiator with core support and dual spal fans,gene smith stainless grill,grill surrounds and chrome tie bar to name a few the list is getting bigger....
The First task was to strip the front clip.I decided to purchase new inner fenders and splash pan.I had the hood sand blasted inside and out. The hood was in great original shape with the usual scrapes and small dents, so I called on a good friend who removed all the dents with a hammer and dolly to a file finish. then primed in 2 pk epoxy primer.
Next I wanted to smooth out the inner fenders. I will be hiding the engine bay wires so I started filling all the unwanted holes,some of which are on a curved surface and took some doing. I started by cutting the piece out then made a cardboard template,cut the sheet metal to match then used a dolly to shape the contour. When I was happy with the shape I tacked it in place.
Gaz, looks like you and your Dad are doing it right...Looking good and keep us updated on your progress. Glad to see another "More Door" being brought back. I was at a show last week with over 2000 cars and did not see another 4 door 55 except mine. In fact, only saw one other Trifive 4 door and it was a 57 4 door hardtop. Have a Great Day !!!!!!!!! and with the rest of your rebuild....Bryant