Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

CPP Special Area of Trifive.

28K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  hpnelson001 
#1 ·

Classic Performance Products

CPP wants to provide the best products available and wants to communicate directly with the Trifive Community.

CPP allowed us to put a link to all their tech articles on Trifive.com, ( Thanks )

Classic Performance Products Techs will be checking in here to help with advice and to participate in the Trifive Community.

Please join me in welcoming the Classic Performance Products to Trifive.com

If you want information on parts you have bought or about to buy please contact

http://www.classicperform.com/

Thanks

Otis :)

See less See more
#4 ·
Hey guy's, thanks for the warm welcome!

We are also happy to be here and hope we can help and support each other. I am new to TriFive, now don't get mad, I've been busy trying to run this company, but now that we're finally here we plan to stay for awhile. I want to say one of the first things I noticed here as I was poking around is that this site has some experienced helpful people involved with real good knowledge, the quality of information on this site is just awesome.......and all the members seem to be pretty cool too.

We are off to Sema for a week but we will try to keep up while were gone.......thanks again for having us! Jim

#23 ·
Aaron,
I just got the sway bars from CPP today via FedEx today and was suppose to be two sway bars, front and back and a lowering block for the rear end to lower it 2"....the FedEx site says it delivered three boxes and that is what I was expecting, BUT..this is what I wrote on Ebay to your ebay site:
"Dear classic_performance_cpp,
Hi,
I got two packages today with the sway bars inside. I mentioned to the FedEx driver that there is supposed to be three items...He said that was all he had today...I checked the FedEx site and it shows three box shipment as being deivered...that is NOT correct. I got two long boxes and thought maybe the little box is inside the bigger boxes...but no, just the sway bars...Unless He comes back with the lowering blocks today, then I need you to check on these and see where they are. Please advise..
thanks"

I looked inside the two boxes, thinking this small box might be inside one of them..no such luck...I'm out the item at this time. If the site had said they had delivered two of the boxes and one would be delivered later, no problem, but the site says all three were delivered...not so...Look into this and get back to me...thanks :shakehands:
Mike

#10 ·
Welcome to TriFive Arron.

I know CPP makes the best aftermarket parts. I just purchased a hydroboost and new master cylinder, It came packaged well and with all the extra parts and lines you need to do a great job. It is beautiful. On the downside, no fault of yours it doesn't fit my car. I have found one more custom item on my '55. The existing hydroboost and master cylinder are off some other vehicle, and I can't figure out which one. The unit I recieved from you guys is so beautiful and it frustrates me I can't use it. The two reasons are the shaft back to the brake pedal is about 2 inches too long And the mounting holes don't match up. Mine are about an inch wider overall and the same in height. I thought about modifying it but maybe you could suggest a different unit. The one very noticble thing about my hydroboos and master cylindar combination is that on a normal setup the bolt holes for the master cylinder are at the 3 and 9 oclock positions. Mine are at 2 and 7. Any ideas? I really want to use your product, if I need to return this for a different model please let me know what I need to do.

#11 ·
With the help of someone on this forum we have come up with this being a Chrysler. There is an adapter plate available But I have to fix whatever I have messed up on the Hydroboost. The brakes still lock once I start the engine.:confused0006:

#15 ·
Aaron,
Thanks for your suggestion about pre-loading the master cylinder. I don't think that is the case as there is no adjustment on the pedal, This one has me stumped. I will try to make this brief and concise,

I travel for work so most of my time I am in hotel rooms just wanting to get back to my project. Last Friday was the day. I removed the original hydroboost and master cylinder as one unit. Excited about finally getting a chance to install the new CPP unit. The first thing I noticed is the hole spacing on the firewall was wider than needed for the CPP unit. The second thing I noticed is when I laid it down next to the original and realized even with the nut removed and the shackle threaded all the way on the shaft the pin hole was almost 2 inches too long. Realizing at this time like most of my car the hydroboost wasn't stock. I packaged your unit back up and re-installed the old unit. Which I have done three times without a problem.

This time however was different. Since I was refilling the master cylinder I bled the brakes. All went as normal. before starting the engine I pumped the brakes and they held presure, soft and closer to the floor but pressure. When I started the engine and stepped on the brake pedal it stayed down even when pulled up on. If I shut the engine off and leave it the pedal will slowly return to position. If I start the engine and don't touch the brake pedal it will move fine. As soon as I touch the brakes it locks up. It has to be in the hyrdoboost somewhere but I don't know where. I found some good online instructions on how the Hydroboos works and I don't see anything out of the ordinary. I think the hydroboost that I originally have is from the same manufacturer as your CP3010-MCP. I think my only other option is to mill a lage block of aluminum to space the unit out the extra two inches and allows the hydroboost to mount to my firewall. I can't drill the firewall to take advantage of the CPP studs as it would cut into the welds of my steering column. Any help is very appreciated.

What I would love to hear is that CPP has a CP3010-MCP unit built for a Chrysler.

#17 ·
The car has been modified it seems it has a Chrysler setup, So I will have to stick with the Chrysler Hydroboost system. However I want to use your high end master cylinder. Do you guys have an adapter from the 4 bolt Chrysler to the 2 bolt GM master cylinder?

#22 ·
a -arm shaft bolt torque

I have CPP tubular arms on my 56 I had to change out the the end bolts to keep from tearing up the boots on my Unisteer r&p. Can someone tell me the torque for the bolts. They were originally lock-tited in so you couldn't read take out torque.

#24 ·
Ok...did some more investigation on FedEx website, and it does show that the sway bars were delivered...if I click on the three packages in the delivery number, it shows two have been delivered and a third has not been delivered...supposedly, it will be delivered today, or maybe later today....or may be Monday...I was a little concerned, as I didn't make the FedEx driver post an exception to the delivery and figured, "how will I prove that I didn't get all three?"....that makes me feel better, knowing that they know as well...will keep everyone posted...but so far..I'm happy with the two sway bars and checking them over right now...they are really heavy stock...not hollow, but solid core metal sway bars....good stuff, so far..:congrats::congrats::shakehands::tu:tu
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.