Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Another CPP alert

6K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  BamaNomad 
#1 ·
If you bought anything from CPP recently, especially at the tri five nationals, and used your credit card to pay, you might want to pay special attention to your next bill. Apparently cpp is aware of the problem but Ill bet they haven't bothered to notify anybody who might potentially affected.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't like using my Credit card at this kind of place . To add salt to a wound the parts they bought need to be replace with a good part. Loosening on both ends . I deal with cash when I go to these car show show them the money they take less, cash talk . Last year I was on the way back from BG bought gas using my credit card , week later credit card company call ask me if I bought $800 in gift cards at steak and shake . Didn't have to pay for that thank God . That one reason I like cash. Later Jason :bowtieb:

#4 ·
I would not wait until my next bill....I'd go online now and see if you have any suspicious activity....Maybe even cancel my card and get a new one, if I did buy something from them....Not that hard to do.

#8 ·
I wouldn't fret this for a second. Notify CPP and the CC company, your liability will be ZIP. They didn't steal your identity, this will be squashed as quickly as it started.

Advice to all: login to your CC account(s) and set notification alerts for every penny spent. I get notification for any purchase made greater than .01. Yep, ALL PURCHASES greater than a penny. I have this level of security established within every account I own, from bank accounts to credit cards.

My identity was stolen in 2015 which took over 6 months to clean up. A nightmare!

Good luck and don't worry -- just take action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#9 ·
I have mentioned this before, but my advice, if dealing with this company, is to use Paypal rather than a card.
They keep your card number on file and if there is any later dispute re $, they just take it out of your card - yes I found out that thru experience..
And Aaron, if you care to comment and say something other than I am one with an axe to grind, I offer you this space to put forward your side - I still have all emails.
Cheers, Des

#11 ·
Van told my friend a story

While we are talking about CCP, I would like to let everyone know how they try to cheat customers. My buddy bought a 500 steering box from them and it leaked from the seal. Van told him they sold a kit for it but it didn/t have the seal that was leaking and it could not be replaced. All he could do was get another box cause they would not replace it. Just to let you guys know the seal can be replaced for 7.34. I guess my buddy caused them to lose what the new box would have cost AND THEY WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER PENNY FROM HIM IN THE FUTURE.We are on this site to help each other so I thought I would let you guys know about so other rotten stuff this company did. Later Ronny bowtie-trifive

#16 · (Edited)
While we are talking about CCP, I would like to let everyone know how they try to cheat customers. My buddy bought a 500 steering box from them and it leaked from the seal. Van told him they sold a kit for it but it didn/t have the seal that was leaking and it could not be replaced. All he could do was get another box cause they would not replace it. Just to let you guys know the seal can be replaced for 7.34. I guess my buddy caused them to lose what the new box would have cost AND THEY WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER PENNY FROM HIM IN THE FUTURE.We are on this site to help each other so I thought I would let you guys know about so other rotten stuff this company did. Later Ronny bowtie-trifive
Thanks for the info, I just bought a huge amount of CPP parts including the steering box from Van also. That specific box had some leakage but I just broke down the pallet yesterday and didn't open that box yet.

#15 ·
The seal came from Albert B. Crush Company in Lou. Ky. I don't know what numbers you need, but here is what he gave me.(ABC1010121- 20X32X7 oil seal metric. He said remove the snap ring and replace the seal. I was wrong on the price it was $7.56 including tax. Hope this helps. Later Ronny bowtie-trifive
That's a Febest OIL SEAL FOR STEERING GEAR 20X32X7 OEM 90311-19006 Fits LEXUS GS300 JZS147 1993-1997, LEXUS LS400/CELSIOR UCF10 1989-1994, LEXUS LS400/CELSIOR UCF20 1994-2000, LEXUS LX470 UZJ100 1998-2007, LEXUS SC300/400 JZZ31 1991-2000, TOYOTA ARISTO JZS147 1991-1997, TOYOTA ARISTO UZS143 4WD 1991-199

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.