Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

* Upper and Lower control arms

6K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  41willys 
#1 ·
Just got an e-mail from CPP that they are now selling reproduction upper and lower control arms for the 55-57 chevy including ball joints and bushings.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Upper and Lower control arms

Yeah, I just got the same e-mail.
Definitely on my wish list. :happy0013:
When you take into consideration the time and effort in washing/blasting and the painting of your own units plus the cost of shafts/bushes and ball joint they are, I consider to be reasonably priced. But I'm no expert.........

#4 ·
I usually send out the hard parts and have them sand blasted, only cost a few bucks. Then repaint and re-install new bushings etc. That is a bit of a chore and these new ones may be a little easier but I have reservations about buying these Chinese repops, are they as good, no problems?

#5 ·
Lay these down next to a stock arm, you cant tell the difference in quality. These new arms are heavy gauge steel like the OE and are really super high quality. Along with the benefits of having the uppers with 5 degree positive caster if you have power steering, we also sell the standard arm as well. You certainly will not be Disappointed.

#6 ·
Spindle range of movement

I have a set of CPP stock looking upper control arms with the 5 degrees of caster built in installed. I also have a set of CPP economy lower tubular control arms installed. I have a set of MBM Brand (Helix type) 2" drop spindles to join the upper and lower control arms with. My question is seems like I'm not achieving full range of movement of the spindle (left to right). Any ideas please?

#7 ·
You can cut or grind metal that's in the way of full travel. Be smart and remove the least you can - sometimes that's on the control arm or steering arm and sometimes it's on the spindle.

Clearance is worst when the suspension is fully extended. It's not nearly as bad at normal ride height, which is where you really need the travel. But even at normal ride height, you can improve the travel.

Shortening the height of the steering stop on the steering arm is the most important piece to work on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.