Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice way to run a company!

14K views 62 replies 28 participants last post by  tmoble 
#1 ·
I noticed they (CPP) have a "shorty" steering wheel adapter for about 1/2 the cost of an Ididit version so I called to ask a few questions before ordering a cheap China knock-off.

The woman that answered the phone tells me "all the sales and tech lines are full and they will have to call you back"

No offer to hold, which I'd be happy to do, no voice mail to leave and then I ask her if that call back would come today being that they are open another couple hours and she says "I doubt it".

Fair enough, I'll spend the extra $70.00 and get it from a company that I know cares about their customers!

If you are THAT busy maybe you should add a few more lines and few more people to answer the calls, letting a customer off the phone when they literally have a credit card in their hand (yeah I know they wouldn't know that) is a terrible business model. 14 years ago I had a customer tell me they called MY business and the number was busy, we had 4 lines at the time, I called that day and made an appointment to have 6 more added.

Customer service these days really is a lost art.

Ok I think I'm done now.....Happy Easter everyone :)

See less See more
#48 ·
same article I have seen and was talking about.... note the Tilt mech I pictured. Nothing like what is in this article. So with something being listed as a possibly "unsafe" brand, I have shown all this is not CPP. If anyone has any questions feel free to call or email me. I have ran one of our columns for the last 3 years in a car. No issues... Me and thousands of others.

#49 ·
Aaron, The photo you show is not clear to me, as the metal parts cannot be clearly seen because of the plastic part. Do you have, or can you take a photo of the assembled METAL parts only (without the plastic ball)???

PS> I will consider your column if I can SEE and be assured that if it were to fail, it will fail in a FAIL SAFE manner...

Thanks again.

#52 ·
You can see in the picture the black part and the natural part; Both a C shape that the tilt ball snaps in, If the ball is removed, the 2 C shapes will catch together... Obviously will have some slop in the column but control is still there. I have yet to warrantee a column over a tilt ball breaking.

#55 ·
Well, I was hoping that a more definitive answer would have been provided. Please understand, I'm only trying to be more supportive rather than any negative. There are all kinds of plastic used in the automotive industry so I was thinking if you knew what it was, I could provide the numbers specific to its strengths.

Have a Blessed day!

#59 ·
#63 ·
I'm familiar with the GM design. The CPP column is a direct copy of the GM design. In that NZ newsletter they reference pictures of a bad column, but it's not made similarly to the CPP GM copy. At all. If they were basing their text on the photo they shouldn't have referenced CPP at all. If that NZ outfit wants to ban columns like the CPP column they would need to ban tens of millions of GM cars and trucks also.

That "other" column marketed by Hoffman Group is an obvious POS like pretty much everything sold by HoffGroup. It appears to me that they are a marketing group only. I recall many issues with their Helix brand stuff, heavily marketed and promoted when it came out but soon dragged down by quality issues and extremely poor customer service.

BTW, I'm no fan of CPP and their customer service but lumping their column in with that POS from Hoffman isn't right.

regarding that stuff from the NZ group with the pic of the broken Hoffman column, I wonder if the guy was reefing around on the steering without the power steering hooked up and working. Sort of "testing till destruction" as it were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.