Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice way to run a company!

14K views 62 replies 28 participants last post by  tmoble 
#1 ·
I noticed they (CPP) have a "shorty" steering wheel adapter for about 1/2 the cost of an Ididit version so I called to ask a few questions before ordering a cheap China knock-off.

The woman that answered the phone tells me "all the sales and tech lines are full and they will have to call you back"

No offer to hold, which I'd be happy to do, no voice mail to leave and then I ask her if that call back would come today being that they are open another couple hours and she says "I doubt it".

Fair enough, I'll spend the extra $70.00 and get it from a company that I know cares about their customers!

If you are THAT busy maybe you should add a few more lines and few more people to answer the calls, letting a customer off the phone when they literally have a credit card in their hand (yeah I know they wouldn't know that) is a terrible business model. 14 years ago I had a customer tell me they called MY business and the number was busy, we had 4 lines at the time, I called that day and made an appointment to have 6 more added.

Customer service these days really is a lost art.

Ok I think I'm done now.....Happy Easter everyone :)

See less See more
#5 ·
Had to delete two posts.....Please follow the rules and do not mention other vendors in the CPP forum.

#6 ·
SULLY....CPP has no one monitoring the site on the weekend....Therefore, no answer from them.....Your best bet would be to contact their rep, Aaron:http://www.trifive.com/forums/member.php?u=8851 He is usually pretty responsive....However, you still have to remember that it is the weekend.

#7 ·
I
The woman that answered the phone tells me "all the sales and tech lines are full and they will have to call you back"

No offer to hold, which I'd be happy to do, no voice mail to leave and then I ask her if that call back would come today being that they are open another couple hours and she says "I doubt it".

Customer service these days really is a lost art.:)
I would not call this "customer service". It would be better to get a busy signal.

Don

#13 · (Edited)
This is the same "Customer service" i received from them to resolve an issue i had. I am on the other side of the world so a call back would have been a fair statement, IF they actually did.. On top of the faulty item i copped a few international phone calls & a kit to repair the faulty item (That was incomplete) as well. After all was said & done & after weeks of trying to resolve the issue i was dropped like a hot scone to wear the costs of a faulty item with NO accountability from them.. I will never purchase any products again from this company..
If you do purchase i will advise "Get a full understanding on Warranty because even though they say lifetime warranty, the minute you pay for the item & walk out the door your warranty becomes null & void..

#14 ·
The product is warrantied to the purchaser of the product and you need to be able to provide the proper paperwork, I went over that many times with you and wanted to assist but you could not advise who this was actually purchased from and could not provide any of the items needed to try and help you with.

#15 ·
Without hijacking the thread & admin can delete or edit as required, I will respond.
If you actually solved the issue without a 3 month game of ping pong, me having to wear all costs, you knowing the situation, Via emails providing all avail info i had provided to you numerous times, DO not lay the blame on the customer for a FAULTY product that YOU KNOW has issues & have had countless warranty replacements issued because of it, DO NOT even come close to a suitable outcome.. NEVER once did i receive a return call!!!!!!!!
This thread is about a customer experience they had with the company you are a representative for, not a personal vendetta on an individual whom does not know how to deal with customers. If the company did as they say you would receive better reviews. Instead the ducking & weaving around COMPANY PROTOCOL & making a customer feel like it is their fault for purchasing a FAULTY PRODUCT. The only fault i have made is to purchase the items in the first instance without FIRST looking at what complaints on faulty items exist in your products.. If i had of know then i would NEVER have purchased in the first instance PERIOD. AM i bitter DANG STRAIGHT....OH and just for info to you as a bit of feedback ( which apparently you do not like because it is not in your favor) The products on the entire kit have now had More of my hard earned $$ to correct the leaking faulty products..So if it is THANKS you want then THANKYOU for allowing me to spend almost 1/2 the costs again to fix YOUR products, THANKYOU for allowing me to feel happy about knowing i should NEVER have purchased your products & a final THANKYOU for the experience dealing with inadequate, uninterested and uninformed people in your company.... P.S. one more THANKYOU for enlightening me to NEVER PURCHASE your products as i am sure if it was for something other than a $70.00 part that caused my issues in the first instance i would surely be talking to you face to face in a court room..Hows that for customer review??

#20 ·
Curious why paypal instead of Visa card? I would have thought my credit card company would give me more recourse than paypal. Only once have ever disputed a charge with my credit card and I got my money back (extra charges on motel bill after check out in Orlando).

#22 ·
Once is enough

Bought an & 800.00 dollar item from them.Never could get it to perform,the professional shop that installed the package said they would never do another package from them. Parts failed sent back at my cost.New parts again failed.Went to another vendor and have been very happy.I have no idea how this place can stay in business.
Jim

#23 ·
Bought an & 800.00 dollar item from them.Never could get it to perform,the professional shop that installed the package said they would never do another package from them. Parts failed sent back at my cost.New parts again failed.Went to another vendor and have been very happy.I have no idea how this place can stay in business.
Jim
YEAH CPP IN MY BOOK IS A DISASTER.

#25 ·
Ebay and paypal split more than a year ago into two separate companies.When possible purchase through ebay with a credit card as you will have two avenues of recourse. Ebay sellers don`t like when FEEDBACK is affected.

#26 ·
CPP customer service and tech support

I work for a long time vender of CPP products in Portland Oregon and I won't buy anything but CPP product. You got to look at this in another way. We have over 41,000 members on this web site alone and many of us have questions about there parts including the dealers and they are working there buts off to build and ship some of the best products on the market. Some days I can get my questions answered on the first call, other times it can take several days to get thru to them let alone get the answers I and my customers need. Don't be so impatient and give them a break. They are real people just like you and I and some times people make mistakes. You need to give them a chance to make it right for you and answer your question and deliver the parts you need.
Have a nice day. :)
Dave W.

#30 · (Edited)
CPP

I am not sure what is up with CPP but I have had a number of parts (4 if you want to count) on order for over 5 weeks now and still nothing. If you look on Summit's web site almost all of CPP's products says "Estimate will ship date 12/27/2016" I ordered this stuff on 10/14/2016. I am not happy with the total lack of customer service. Do they stock any parts?

#34 ·
I am not sure what is up with CPP but I have had a number of parts (4 if you want to count) on order for over 5 weeks now and still nothing. If you look on Summit's web site almost all of CPP's products says "Estimate will ship date 12/27/2016" I ordered this stuff on 10/14/2016. I am not happy with the total lack of customer service. Do they stock any parts?
We stock and manufacture a lot of parts... Email me your items you are waiting on and I can see what ETA I can get you. FYI, Summit stock items as well, with their ETA it sounds like they are waiting on a stocking order to come in to their warehouse first. I can check for you.

#36 ·
Did you ever notice that companies CPP, "D" and "E" often offer to rectify a standing problem only after it's been discussed in public here? Too bad a phone call to their business phone number or an email can't get the same response up front. It's like if a hundred customers are more or less satisfied then screwing one or two doesn't really hurt - until it's made public.

#37 ·
I have actually made myself accessible to all Tri-five members many times simply asking for them to call me directly or email me with any questions, concerns, tech info etc. Many, Many times. I have received emails and PM's from some with questions, status of orders, etc. Seems like the first time I hear about any issue on this site is in a live forum. So again, I give you my contact info if you are having any trouble at all.
aaron@classicperform.com or PM me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.