Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Lowered Cars

250K views 335 replies 184 participants last post by  Rockable 
#1 ·
Please post pics of your lowered tri-five. I put mine back on the ground last night after rebuilding all suspension and installing the drivetrain. It seems too low(2'dropped spindles & 2' shorter springs) Will post pics this afternoon. I want to compare to others. Thanks

#319 ·
I would think lowering the center of gravity has a positive affect on cornering at speeds but at the expense of ride quality unless other suspension upgrades are included like swaybars and tuned shocks

I think it is more in "The Attitude is in the Latitude" mindset for the reason most of these cars get lowered since very few I know of ever see use on a road course.

Personally I like the look of a very subtle front end drop of around 1 1/2" from stock height and stock height in the rear. It's just appearance for me....

#324 ·
My '57 Chevy, 2 inch drop spindles, front; 15" X 6" 3 1/4" backspacing P215R65-15
rear; 15 X 8 1/2" 4 1/2" backspacing
P275R65-15
Original "vintage" American Racing Wheels!!! 15" Old School Baby!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#331 ·
My Lowered 56' Sassy II

Here is a picture of my 56'.
2 inch dropped spindles, 2 inch blocks in rear and front sway bar.
205 x 70 x 15 Cragers and snappy whitewalled tires!
The rear springs "were" 5 leafs, but I cut-off the smallest leaf due to the rough ride...I love the stance I wound up with.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Classic

Rods56

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.