Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Driving Trifive To Work! Brings on a little sunshine!

8K views 77 replies 35 participants last post by  Joe Barry 
#1 ·

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#37 ·
Actually car drives pretty straight! Picks up a little on the drivers side and not much to correct it. Haven't seen what it will do with new wheels and tires but will report back later. I will go to TFN someday :) Thanks for the compliments

#6 ·
Sure is a Beauty!!!
Cartoon Yellow Clip art Line Graphics

#15 ·
I thought I was going to add the Great Smoke Stories...I had a 392 Hemi Challenger pull up next to me at the light...he just rolled down the window and said nice car. My little motor was singing a tune lol

#16 ·
Love it!

Man, that's the way to go to work, in a badass Chevy.
It would make the day go better just knowing the ride back home will also be in the same Chevy.
It looks great, the color combo is very nice, and the stance is spot on.
What lurks under that innocent looking sheet metal, "the shaddow knows", and I bet many a stop light bashers have also found out the hard way.:sign0020:
Very cool ride, thanks for the nice pics, and "I'd sure like to ride "shotgun" for a cruise in that beauty.

Later,:burnout::burnout:
Jim

#18 ·
Man, that's the way to go to work, in a badass Chevy.
It would make the day go better just knowing the ride back home will also be in the same Chevy.
It looks great, the color combo is very nice, and the stance is spot on.
What lurks under that innocent looking sheet metal, "the shaddow knows", and I bet many a stop light bashers have also found out the hard way.:sign0020:
Very cool ride, thanks for the nice pics, and "I'd sure like to ride "shotgun" for a cruise in that beauty.

Later,:burnout::burnout:
Jim
Thanks for the compliments. Check out my thread "Great Smoke Stories". I have a few in there and some others have shared theirs! Add to it:sign0020:

#19 ·
I love the wheel/tire combo. Looks really mean, I'd think that would add some doubt in potential street competitors minds.

I drove mine to work last Friday and then grabbed the wife for "date night" which happened to be going to the track for street legal night. Ripped off a 10.75 pass in street trim and then drove to dinner and home. Gosh I love these dual purpose rides.

Adds some needed "spark" to the work day.

#28 · (Edited)
Have taken a bit of a hiatus from my '56 due to a knee replacement. Drove this beast to work today (my new toy):

Thing would blow the doors off my '56 on the street until about 70 MPH or so. Just, no contest. AWD, a big turbo, big V6 with big cam and upgraded heads, electronically controlled automatic, and big tires on all four corners is a deadly street combo. I can run it on E85 too...still need to try that :)

I blasted a new Camaro SS the other day at the stoplight...was a lot of fun. I hit the two step rev limiter and the boost came on before the light turned green...when he heard the turbo spooling he had a worried look on his face. Leaves at 3000 RPM at about 6 PSI and hits 15 psi almost instantly. Thing is a rush!

I'm sure he'd beat me on the highway, but we weren't on the highway ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.