Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Lowered Cars

250K views 335 replies 184 participants last post by  Rockable 
#1 ·
Please post pics of your lowered tri-five. I put mine back on the ground last night after rebuilding all suspension and installing the drivetrain. It seems too low(2'dropped spindles & 2' shorter springs) Will post pics this afternoon. I want to compare to others. Thanks

#2 ·
OH MY

Please post pics of your lowered tri-five. I put mine back on the ground last night after rebuilding all suspension and installing the drivetrain. It seems too low(2'dropped spindles & 2' shorter springs) Will post pics this afternoon. I want to compare to others. Thanks
2' lowered! Kinda dragin the ground - talk about a canyon carver! :sign0020::sign0020::sign0020::sign0020:

#6 ·
I know this site tends to be very conservative, but my thoughts are....never too low.....never too fast. I have 2" drop spindles and air bags. Don't mind the decals, its an ongoing joke with my brother while my project is under construction.

Careful - driving that low, bits of white & yellow paint will rub off the lane divides. :eek:

#8 · (Edited)
I have heidts 2 inch drop spindles with 1 inch lower springs up front with reversed eyed springs with 2 inch lowering blocks out back and it is still not low enough for me. At least the rear could stand to be lower. Can you say 4-link time.lol I running 18x7 with 225/45/18 up front and 18x10 with 285/40/18 out back. I may just bag it and be done with it.

#9 ·
Hey 1Evil55 what are you using to get your 55 so low... I have 2" drop spring up front and stock in the rear. I have long tube headers on my small block so im a little worried about rubbing issus and i also have a kick out exhaust just in front of the rear tire that again could be another issue. Still though i love the way yours sits. Im also running 17" cragar SS

#11 ·
2 inch spindles and 1 inch dropped front springs with reversed eye rear springs.

Biggest problem is my long tube headers drag on occasion.:rolleye0009:

#15 ·

Both of these cars have 2" Dropped Spindles. One Coil cut out of the front springs, Reverse Eye 5 leaf Rear Springs and 2" Solid Aluminum lowering blocks. The post car had 255/60-15 in the rear and 195/60-15 (A little small, but the price was right). The wagon has 275/60-15 in rear and 215/65-15 in the front. The sedan was so slammed that the top of the rear axle tubes were about 3'' from the Frame.

I still have the wagon but it is now in a million pieces with the body on a rotisserie. The Chassis is done with the addition of a spring pocket kit and 9" rear end.

#17 · (Edited)
I have 2 inch dropped in front and 2 inch blocks in the rear... 205/65R15 in the front and 235/70R15 in the read... Click on to belairdave's garage and you can see how my 56 sits... Later, Dave

#19 ·
Front is 2" Heidt's spindles with 1 1/2" lowering springs, 4" to ground at the crossmember with a 26" tire. 1" lowering blocks in the rear with stock 4 leaf springs.

#35 ·
I'm looking at replacing my rear leaf springs as they're original and one is cracked (and is getting worse with every drive.)

is 26" the stock tire size? This looks good.. thinking of going with a 2" drop in the front and rear so that it will maintain it's current look.. but i don't know if the stock tire size will work?

#22 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys. Tony, I am running 225/45/17 on a 7" wheel and 4and a half inch back spacing on front. The rear I am running 245/45/17 on a 8" wheel with 4" backspacing. The wheels are americans tt2's. I use stock shocks all the way around.
Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.