Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Lowered Cars

250K views 335 replies 184 participants last post by  Rockable 
#1 ·
Please post pics of your lowered tri-five. I put mine back on the ground last night after rebuilding all suspension and installing the drivetrain. It seems too low(2'dropped spindles & 2' shorter springs) Will post pics this afternoon. I want to compare to others. Thanks

#71 ·
"QUOTE"""""" How are you guy's not bottoming out in the rear, diff. to frame.I just lowered mine with 2" blocks in the rear and i'm bottoming out in this area with mild bumps? This is how it sat before the 2" blocks."""" If you have your original leafs they will be saggy causing it to be low. I put two inch blocks on my 56 with its original leafs and my bump stops were very close to the axle. I trimmed the rubber stops in half.

#73 ·
Five Foot 4 Inch Driver

I have lowered my old car to suit me as many of you have...

It has 2 Inch Dropped Spindles with stock height springs, disc brakes and sway bar in front. The back has new five leafs with 2 inch blocks with disc brakes. The wheels are Cragar's with 205 X 60 X 15's.

The height is just what I have wanted to have since my Pop gave me the car in 1979
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Classic car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Chevrolet 210

My wifes Taurus is beside the ride for height comparison...

:wavey:

#80 ·
I just built a 56 with a roadster shop chassis, dropped spindles, fouk link with airride the rockers are right at 4" off the ground but the real nice part is that nothing hangs down below the frame....(of course 4" is lowered and the ride height is about 7") Bret

Attachments

#84 ·
Mine had a bigger turning radius than stock. I thought it was the dropped spindles faul, until I realized the tie rod was hitting the back of the oil pan. Whoever put that motor in had moved the engine about 2 inches forward. So far, that they drilled new holes in the crossmember.:rolleyes:

I think they didn't want to have to shorten the drive shaft for the T350 they installed. :confused0062:
And the tie rod still hit before full lock on the steering.
When I redid the engine, I put side mounts in (3/4 forward) and got a Chevy II V8 pan for it.
No more hitting and a stock turn radius.:tu

#86 · (Edited)
mines just got 2 inch drop spindles up front
3 inch springs, and 2 inch blocks in the back

#96 ·
2" drop spindles in the front and 2" aluminum lowering blocks in the rear. It's got a slight rake to it, which I presume is a result of the front coils sagging, so I probably should have gone 2.5" in the rear. I think it would be perfect 3" down all around, but I'm happy for the meantime...

#101 ·
Problem with sway bar

Lower 55 2" drop indels with 2" lowering springs up front,2" blocks in the rear. Car sit right.The front wheels are 18x8 and the rear are 20".
I noticed when I turn the wheels to the extreme left or right the inner wheel rim is rubbing the sway bar mount on the lower control arms.
Does anyone use sway bars with lowered spindels? Or are my front wheels too wide? etc:p3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.