Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Need help with type headers needed

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Reid Althage 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I am currently installing a 350 in my 55, I am using a CPP 500 steering box, M21 munice four speed, Rocky Hinge front drive with power steering pump which won't let me use my front mounts, I also want to run a HEI distribitor. So now I am thinking of using the POL 3/4 forward side mounts and transmission mount kit, but side mounts are in the way of my header on drivers side of motor. I would like to use full length headers, also running stock height springs and spindles. I am willing to remove OEM rear supports if necessary. Any help would be appreciated with headers or other issues with moving motor forward, thanks.

#2 ·
:bowtieb: Hello, I have the 2112 hooker headers on my 55, they fit real good, but you will have to remove the factory rear frame horn motor mounts and run a transmission crossmember!!---I also have a 500 box!!---Good luck---milton:driver:

#3 ·
do not buy the crappy POL kit. get the Williams classic chassis kit. far superior parts that actually fit .

#13 ·
Hello, new guy here, I too have a 55 that is red and white and am starting to build another and this info is very helpful as I am about to go through the same thing. Thanks folks!
*****************:bowtier: Hello, and welcome to the site!!!***PS--- Excellent two tone color choice!!!!----milton:driver:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.