Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Header Recommendation?

14K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  mickeywestsr 
#1 ·
What headers would you guys recommend? The more affordable, the better:p3:

'57 sbc, motor 3/4" forward

The car sits at 5", so clearance is an issue.

Long tube, or shorty's?
I'd prefer long tubes.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Williams Classic Chassis long tube headers will be the most expensive but will fit up in frame rail $989

hooker 2458-4 might be most cost efficient $450

Sanderson C56 $575

Doug's D353 $630 - 650

All prices are for coated headers

I bought Headman 68128 $450 but mine hang low below the frame while others hang about halfway below frame rails.

For better clearance most go with 3/4 headers like Patriot or Doug's. Plenty of discussions try doing a search above.

:anim_25:

#14 ·
I have Hookers on the 350 in the Nomad I just purchased. The engine has TBI heads which I plan to remove for something hotter, and a good midrange cam. I plan to keep the Hookers as they seem to fit well, but I do plan on replacing the 24" glasspacks.
I'd replace them with coated Sanderson's if they needed to be replaced.
Bob

#15 ·
I have 3/4 patriots on my car. A real pain to install. Had to modify side engine mounts, purchase a mini starter and still had to heat and beat the pass side for clearance at the collector. Also requires shorty plugs in a couple of spots. The good thing is they do not loosen and do not leak. Cheap headers IMO have a tendency to loosen and leak.

I run a 406 CID SBC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.