Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Thinking of a exhaust dump valve

4K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  iveys57 
#1 ·
Has any one on here installed an electric exhaust dump?????

#10 ·
I have the Badlanz on my 55. Easy to install if you have welding capability or a friend who welds.
1. cut hole in exhaust pipe with hole saw just past the collector
2. Get a short exhaust pipe with a flange that matches the cut out.
3. Radius the short pipe to match the diameter of the exhaust pipe and weld in place
4. Get another short piece of pipe that is curved down, so the exhaust is deflected down . Weld a flange to It. Any muffler has flanges you can purchase.
5. The Badlanz cut out is a universal fit to match any 3 hole exhaust flange
6. Each cut out has its own switch, but I wired them to one switch.
7. I believe you can now get a remote wireless control that is a nice feature.

Keep mine open most of the time, but close them in my neighbor hood. Loud Loud Loud

#13 ·
I'd like to throw our name in the mix. :)

Have a look at this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukvRfg7xvdo

Pypes also makes a full stainless exhaust system that has the dump flanges built in. If you are replacing the exhaust system, it makes a lot of sense price and convenience wise.
http://pypesexhaust.com/c-702361-exhaust-systems-gm-chevrolet-55-57-chevy.html

Prices on the Pypes web site are list price. I'd recommend you shop there and then go online and buy them from your favorite 55-57 Chevy parts supplier.

#14 · (Edited)
Saw Pypes version at SEMA show a few years ago...

I saw these http://pypesexhaust.com/i-13475132-3-dual-exhaust-electric-cutouts-kit-hve10.html at the SEMA show a few years ago. They were compact and looked very nice, although I do know their track record. They have a lifetime guarantee for $440.00.

I have heard more than once that Doug's cutouts leak, I've heard you can hear what amounts to an exhaust leak when they are closed. I plan to get cutouts in the future, I will revisit the Pypes versions that I seemed to like as a static display at the SEMA show.

#15 ·
I have the BadLanz which have lasted for years. Basically they are nothing more than gate valve attached to a motor. Just check around for the best price. That is how I bought mine

One last thing I wish I had ordered the remote control, rather than a switch under the dash.

#21 ·
There are basically two styles of e-cutouts. Direct drive and gear reduction. We extensively tested both styles before producing ours. Direct drive motors are a lot cheaper but gear reduction is much better suited for this type of application. Pypes, DMH, Race Ready and and Doug's all use gear reduction motors.

Our units have been in production for 7 years now. We've made many design changes over that time and they are extremely reliable. If you look at the pricing of all the gear reduction brands, you'll see that Pypes is the best price. If you look at the entire industry, we're hoping you see that they are also the best value.

#26 ·
#27 ·
I have the Badlanz 2.5 inch dual system. Easy install, the connector pins in the harness seem small/delicate, but no problems. I used a Y-pipe cutout integrated into my own custom built system (straight and mandrel bent tubes cut with chop/miter saw and mig welded). Had them over a year now ands still working fine. I toggle switch, count to three and 'bump' three times in each direction to open/close. I would buy again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.