Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

"Show us your tip's" sticky

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Perkyboy 
#1 ·
Surprised there isn't a "sticky" in this section for this subject already.
I'm looking to finish off the raw 3" sewer pipes on my car and looking for ideas. Leaning towards angle cut/oval tips of some kind. Didn't realize finding tips to fit a 3" OD pipe would be so hard.
Can 2.5 inlet stainless tips be expanded to fit inside or over a 3" pipe without splitting?
Any pic's or suggestions?
Cheers

See less See more
#4 ·
This is just a suggestion, I buy a lot of u bends and header parts from these people, and they are pretty well known for stainless exhaust. They have a pretty good mail order service I think they could make you up some stainless steel tips and bologna cut them and expand the ends. There phone # is 1-800-290-3920, Stainless headers Mfg. Inc., there web site is www.stainlessheaders.com. Check them out.

#5 ·
Summit has several tips to choose from. Here is just one.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pye-evt56
Tool accessory Tool socket Muffler Auto part Steel

I bought the Magnaflow stainless system which gave me both options to either run straight back, or to the sides under the bumper extensions.
I didn't like either location so I cut the tail pipes shorter and now they are midway between the wheelhouse and bumper.

#6 ·
#11 ·
Finally decided.

After looking over dozens of tip styles online I found these at a local discount tool/autoparts store right in town. They are identical to a Magnaflow model, but unmarked. My tailpipes were 3" outside diameter and the tips were 2.5" so I had the inlet expanded to 2.800" and they slipped right in. Couple of set screws to secure.I'm happy.

#13 ·
Those DO look good! Love the oval shape. Glad you are happy with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.