Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Exhaust

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mickeywestsr 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone is having exhaust coming out just behind the rear tires? What mufflers and any drone.

#4 ·
I had exhaust drop out behind rear wheels in the 1970's

My dad bought my car new. I had exhaust turn downs at the back tires welded right onto the turbo muffler exits in the 1970's. I am currently rebuilding my car, engine, trans, rear axle, I will not go back to rear wheel exit exhaust. I found that the exhaust seems to build pockets under the axle, trunk, and other body / chassis crevices, and I always got some exhaust smell in the passenger compartment. Carbon Monoxide has no smell and is deadly poison, so you know if you smell engine exhaust, then there is also carbon monoxide present. Also, to me, you cannot beat the look of nice chrome exhaust exhaust extensions sticking out about an inch or two from the bumper. That was the premier look of the 1957 Chevrolet "Power Pack Option" on the 283 V-8; Carter WCFB 4 barrel carburetor, dual exhaust, and accessory chrome tailpiipe extensions (-: Good Luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.