Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

2017 Countdown

16K views 187 replies 41 participants last post by  Clutch Powers 
#1 ·
For those of you scrambling to get your TriFives ready like I am, there are only 19 weekends until TriFive Nationals. OMG!! :cool0010:

#2 · (Edited)
Can't wait. Might only be a wheelcover but I'll be there with as much as possible of old NelleyBelle.

Push, pull, tug or tow, get your car to the show!

Current pic of NelleyBelle. ..

#6 ·
Oh Boy!

19 weeks until Nats. I haven't counted, but it's considerably shorter to Car Craft Summer Nats in June (at BG too). That's 18 weeks until Street Rod Nats in Louisville. Car has not been touched yet this year. Been getting my MOPAR together.

Hopefully it needs nothing but moderate maintenance, everything that broke last year I fixed before storage. It couldn't possibly need anything/Right?:sign0020:

#9 ·
Exactly what I thought as I made a punch list to complete my ride. Geterdone!

#11 ·
Only 17 weekends to go until Nationals. Yikes! Are you making progress on your ride?

#12 · (Edited)
New Smith Brothers push rods and adjusters installed, check.

Motor vehicle Engine Auto part Vehicle Car

Next, shocks, larger fuel lines, muscle car brake shoes, new axles and a shinny new rear bumper. Here we go!

4.15.17 update: motor up and running, carbs preliminarily adjusted, new KYB front shocks installed, check!

#13 ·
Yeah right! I've been putting my MOPAR together. The '55 is still in storage. I'll have to get started on it pretty soon. It's entered at the Car Craft Summer Nats in July.

#14 ·
16 weekends remaining

My car is still at Ciadela interiors. Headliner is in. Rear wheel wells are covered and the rear cargo wood is cut. Maybe another week and all will done with interior.

#18 ·
#19 ·
Should I drag my 55 up to the show? I would literally have to drag it as I have made ZERO progress toward making my car any better, I have bought some parts for it but I just dropped 25 grand on some property with a garage so i'm trying to get that all figured out and up and running. Do they give an award for ugliest car anyone dare pull out of the darkness? lol

#20 ·
If it will brake and steer, trailer it to the show and call me. I'll help you push it on to the grounds. You can park in the "scratch and dent" section with all the kool kids.:)

Last year I had to trailer my old wagon to the show because the engine was knocking. (Interior not finished) Drove it through the gates knocking but no body noticed because of all the "thumper" cams cackling in other cars around me.

Push, pull, tug or tow, get your car to the show!

#22 ·
I've been humping to get this **** ready to run with the gasser boys. Major setback when I found engine damage, but I am still trying.

Attachments

#24 ·
How major is major set back? ((Either way, sounds expensive))

#23 ·
My car wasn't running in 2015 (it was supposed to be, but it wasn't), so my wife found someone with a golf cart to tow it in. At least I was there.
The problem was that everyone thought it was for sale until I put a sign on it stating otherwise.
Still not painted, but making some progress slowly and we'll be back this year.

#25 ·
After midnight......only 14 weekends until the Tri Five Nationals

I worked on engine wiring today. I broke open the AAW classic engine wiring kit and completed the alternator to the starter harness done as well as the starter to ignition switch harness. I'm inching closer to finally starting this engine for the first time since I received it.

#27 ·
progress report

Today I completed a few things:
1. Ignition circuit with my new American Auto Wire kit is now complete. It sure is nice to see my new key waiting to be turned for that first start up of my new engine.

2. Fuel system filler tube is now complete. I installed a gas filler neck from a 2004 Tahoe with the 5/8" bypass hose. In theory there should be no more burping of fuel at the gas pump. I used new 2 inch muffler pipe to complete the filler tube. So now i have two lines going down to my Rick's stainless steel tank. I'm ready for that first tank of fuel to be added.

3. Backup light circuit now complete.

Time is ticking and my punch list is getting shorter. Only 14 weekends until the big show

#28 ·
Only 13 Weeks remaining

I don't know about everyone else but I keep revising my TO-DO list and the days keep flying by. Will I ever get done??

A completed a few more things:

1. Hydoboost braking system is now installed with all four lines installed.
2. Added 16 gallons of fuel to new Rick's tank, turned the key and listened as the fuel system filled up. No leaks!!
3. Shipped rear c4 calipers off to Lone Star Caliper for rebuilding.

#29 ·
12 weeks remaining

After 6 years Project Nomad came to life this weekend on the first turn of the key.

https://youtu.be/lOeFhJuFsq8

(high idle was due to the Drive By Wire Tac Module not being connected)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.