Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

NSRA Nationals and Trifive Nationals!!

5K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  55sam 
#1 ·
The plan is/was for me to get my 57 in shape for a trip across the country to attend the NATIONALS in Bowling Green. Randy57 had mentioned to me when I saw him at the GNRS that the NSRA Nationals were the week before in Louisville. That got me to thinking that attending both would be a very big deal. Now I see from reading the Feb issue of the ATFA magazine that there is going to be a road tour from Louisville to Bowling Green! Wow!! If I go to both, I will miss a semi planned vacation with son and grandkids at our condo. ( It could be rescheduled, but not without some serious "teeth gnashing" by my wife). So, do I go to both shows? This would be a once in a lifetime trip, I don't imagine the stars would realign like this again in my life. BUT (one of my wife's favorite words) family is important. What to do?!

#2 ·
Let's see......

Sorry I'm not exactly Dear Abby here but I'll try my best:

1. What kind of relationship do you currently have with your wife? Aka do you make her reschedule things for you a lot? Or is this a rarity?

2. Would she be coming on this road trip to both shows?

3. What is this other show you speak of as I'm not familiar. Do you often go to drag shows like this?

4. Semi-planned vacation as in not 100% confirmed? Can u take your son and grandson on the road trip?

5. How often do you go on vacations with son and grandson? If this is the first annual, if so, I think you're screwed!!!

6. As far as I've heard there's no guarantee there will be another Tri-Five Nationals since (per my understanding) they were originally scheduled to coincide with the 60th anniversary of each.

7. Maybe your son and grandson could meet you at one of the shows if they don't like long road trips and/ or take that long of a vacation.

Hope I helped.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Let's see......

6. As far as I've heard there's no guarantee there will be another Tri-Five Nationals since (per my understanding) they were originally scheduled to coincide with the 60th anniversary of each.
They have in fact booked the race park for quit a few more Nationals.:congrats::bowtier:

#4 ·
Happy wife; happy life

#7 ·
I have been to the NSRA Nationals several times. It is the largest show I have ever attended. Be prepared, over 10,000 cars. Mind boggling. No way to view all the cars. What we did was take lawn chairs and sit and watch the cars roll in through the main entrance in the morning for hours. Walk around most of the day and then sit and watch the cars exit at the end of the day. You will not be disappointed. As for the Tri-Five Nationals, I have attended 2015 and 2016. Already registered for this year, 2017. Absolutely the best Tri-Five show I have ever attended. I was member #1294 with the CCCI and attended many of their shows. This is the ultimate Tri-Five show.

#8 ·
Gary, ike I was saying if you only plan on making the Bowling Green trip once or maybe every 5 years then I think its well worth the effort to try and catch both. The NSRA show is huge, 10,000 cars and yes now ARP is doing a special cruise to Bowling Green this year to honor the 57 Chevy convertible they are having Woody's build for them.

Family is sure important, but the window to get to do these other things closes a bit each year and eventually you will only be able to read about them. I know there are a few planning to do both shows and I know I would like to as well. My wife will not go so one less issue to deal with at my house, I just buy her another cruise to the Caribbean and we are both happy:sign0020:

#10 ·
That's what I'm sayin! Sixtieth anniversary of the 57 and I'm not going to be able to do the trip every year. Maybe not with the car ever again (unless I'm still around on the 75th!!). It would seem logical to go to the NSRA Nats too. So, do you get to go to the Caribbean too? Did that last year. A lot of fun.

#12 ·
I cruise in the 57 and she cruises on a ship. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE said:
I like cruising with my wife BUT she doesn't like cruising in the 57. She doesn't like the "way I drive". I don't like the way she drives either but I close my eyes and keep my mouth shut. So I'm looking for a co-pilot for the trip back east. She might fly out, it's been discussed but no decision yet. I'm looking at going through Reno if a "convoy" from Cal. is going but it's all in the planning stage right now.

#13 ·
You guys are just bound and determined to make me lots more broke than I already am!

I didn't even think about SRN until I saw this thread! A couple guys in my club do it every year. I haven't been to a SRN since it left Columbus lotsa years ago. Back then it was real street rods (pre '48), now they take in all these new cars!

BG is also getting the Car Craft Summer Nats this year in June.

10,000 cars, well I just might have to see if I can get finances and an entry in and make it 10,001

#15 · (Edited)
"BG is also getting the Car Craft Summer Nats this year in June."

Just looked up the Car Craft Summer Nats; July 21-23. Let's see, Bowling Green fourth weekend July, Knoxville first weekend in August, then back to BG the second weekend of August. Doable BUT I'm not sure I'd be married by the time I get home. Oh wait! There's the cruise to Hawaii and the week in Kona in September (already booked). Did I mention I am thinking of going hunting in Montana this year!? Oh, and the week in July in Chelan with the grandkids! Oh! Oh! I think I've gone too far!!

#18 ·
I'll do it if it's not just a car show. I've done enough of those. Do they run an AutoX? I've tried to find out on line and have been unable so far.

I'll check with my guys at cars & coffee that have been there if no one on here knows for sure. THANX!:gba:[/QUOTE]

I called NSRA today & was told there would be an AutoX. Looking forward to seeing other bowtie-trifive members at NSRA & Tri Five Nats. I'm going to make a few AutoX runs. See ya there 55sam.

:auto14: :flag6:

#21 ·
Gonna Do It! Just An FYI!

I'll do it if it's not just a car show. I've done enough of those. Do they run an AutoX? I've tried to find out on line and have been unable so far.

I'll check with my guys at cars & coffee that have been there if no one on here knows for sure. THANX!:gba:
I called NSRA today & was told there would be an AutoX. Looking forward to seeing other bowtie-trifive members at NSRA & Tri Five Nats. I'm going to make a few AutoX runs. See ya there 55sam.

:auto14: :flag6:[/QUOTE]

I've got my motel, military son is coming in from Rhode island to do both events with me. I haven't sent my entry in yet. It's my understanding that ALL the entered vehicles are required to have an NSRA inspection before they are allowed on the grounds.

I intend to have my inspection done locally before I send in my entry to possibly save a long delay when I get there. I'm still in the process of getting the car ready for an AutoX this weekend and a club trip to a museum.

Next week I'll chase down an NSRA dude that i met at an indoor car show to get the inspection done. If you have someone locally one would definitely be ahead to get it done before! See Ya's at BOTH EVENTS!:sign0020::gba:

#24 ·
NSRA Louisville

I live in Louisville and will be attending the NSRA nats and TriFive show. If anyone needs any thing while in Louisville I'd be glad to help out any way I can. Send me a private message if you would like my phone number. Even if you don't need any help stop by and have a cold one, I always park in the field just putside of the south wing near the swap meet. Will be park with a group that sets up 4 10X20 white canopies and has Broke Bunch Car Club Banner hanging on it. Also have American Flag and POW-MIA Flags flying.
Rich Bauer

#25 ·
Good to go! NSRA inspection completed, check and entry completed. Mailing as soon as incoming funds hit checking account. Both events are go/entries and motels DONE!

#27 ·
Street Rod Nats #5,546. Tri 5 Nats #1,143. Didn't break car at Columbus Goodguys, only got in two passes on AutoX, host club duties partially interfered, huge participation, drowned on poker run though! Friday night drags rained out. New tires mounted. Stay together stuff. See ya's in Aug.!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.