Project Update Section, Post your Project updates hereThis section is for Project Updates only, So post any updates of your trifive projects. >Do not post tech
questions in this area of the forum = Remember only projects updates should be posted here.
Now on to Bam bam's car. I got to tinkering on it this week an did some metal fabbing n patch work where needed. Been going easy as my back only holds up for so long n i need a break. The pics aren't upside down the car is.
Today i hit it much harder n finally had to quit after 12 hours steady. Fit the decklid, adjusted the rear body n lid to fit correctly, aligned the passenger door, straightend n rewelded the pass qrt patch, stripped the pass side to see what was under the primers. The qtr n roof were prepped well n had a fearherfill type surfacer on it that was rather thick. The door had minimal primer n i'm glad i stripped it. Found quite a bit of rust pitting n not so good mud work. Nothing that couldnt be fixed with a little spot blasting, n hammer n dollying. Still have a bit left to board out (hopefully the last skim coat), but it's coming along. Also blocked out half the roof.
The little procupine needles were to do some strss relief where the qtr patches were previously welded n warped. A little outward pressure here a n a beating on the drum there and after a little while it was straight with no more tin canning effect. Worked like a charm.
Hope everyone else reset their clocks last night. I didn't. So that means i've been in the shop an hour longer today. My bad.
Finished boarding the pass side and roof. Had to fix a few spots on the roof. Small dents, old pits, n ripples from blasting. Also prepped the dash n firewall.
Primed up the roof in black as long as i had the body hanging sideways. Layed down 6 coats to make sure there was enough to block out any remaining ripples that i may have missed with the lighter color.
Then flipped it back right side up n primed the pass side, dash n firewall in redish primer. Layed down 4 on them. They can set till the other side n trunk are done.
The door gaps to the qtr n rocker look good.
I'll work on the driver side tomorrow till the other 57 gets here for a suspension rebuild.
The suspension on the other 57 took a little longer than expected. Once into it i found a bent control arm. I dug out a pair i had in the shed n put all the new bushings n ball joints in them before installing.
Been on Bam bam's car for the past 2 days again getting the metalwork done on the driver side n finishing it off. Just finished applying 3 coats of primer.