Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

CRAPPY Rockauto warranty

4K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Big Bob 
#1 · (Edited)
Just a huge huge warning to everyone who buys from Rockauto. They don’t warranty their parts like other parts stores. Buyer Beware. Purchased a Denso oxygen sensor five months ago from them. It went bad last week. Went to them for warranty for replacement. No warranty they said. It’s a wear part. Probably all that exhaust reeking havoc. My local parts store said it carries a one year warranty. Rockauto says no. Try to contact them by phone to talk to a live body. Just about impossible. Seems like they want to insulate themselves from buyers. I learned the hard way that it’s best to purchase locally. If something goes bad, you can talk to someone face to face rather than by emails and get a response from a different person each time. Their emails appeared to be stock answers. My replacement cost me $30.00 more, but I’ll never deal with what I think is Rockauto’s corporate greed and crappy uncaring attitude about their customers again. Money first - customer last is what I think about Crockauto. :y::y::y:

Fuzz

:gba:

MAGA

#2 ·
Someone told me rockauto is owned by carquest.

#5 ·
To play devil's advocate this is from their site when you click the info button on the Denso O2 sensor:

DENSO Warranty Information:
12 months on A/C Evaporator Cores, A/C Compressors, A/C Compressor Clutches, A/C Condensers, Radiators, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Fuel Tank Sending Units, Ignition Coils (COP), Alternators, Starters, and Mass Air Flow Sensors. Parts subject to normal wear and tear are not covered (Filters, Ignition Wires, Oxygen Sensors, Spark Plugs, Wiper Blades, etc.).

#6 · (Edited)
You don’t have to play devils advocate. I bought the the part and never read the small print warranty like most people. Do you? I still contacted both Denso and Rockauto to see if they would warranty it after such a short time and 5,000 miles. Denso has a one year warranty. They said Rockauto is NOT an authorized dealer and therefore no warranty. Rockauto said too bad not under warranty - read the fine print. My post was to basically to tell trifivers to be aware of what you buy from outfit. To me they don’t care about customer service. You have to read all the fine print. I’ll pay more from now on and look the seller in the eye. Yes, somewhat of a rant. This is on my daughter’s struggling to make ends meet car and she can’t afford to shell out another $200.00 to fix a part that is more likely defective. I’ve ordered a new one from local parts store. Paid about $40.00 more than crapauto sells, but they said they would warranty for one year. Yes, my fault for ordering from a big box auto store, that has no recourse. Try to contact them. Darn near impossible. You can’t talk with anyone. Do you think there’s a reason for that? I do. Learned my lesson and just letting others know that this company isn’t what I think is upright and customer service oriented.

Fuzz

:gba:

MAGA

#9 ·
Fuzz,
I understand your frustration, however lets examine the issue(s) at play.

The reason they can sell for far less than the local small store is overhead, and warm body payroll. They are a warehouse of multiple locations and as such some of your frustration is a result of the application of old way mentality of doing things in a new world of on line ordering. A computer takes the order you supply and the system is highly automated. You don't even know from which location the parts will come from. I recently ordered 4 front suspension bushings, 3 came from one location and the last was half way across the USA from me. 3 were here the next day, the forth came 5 days later. Same shipping charge as if all came from the same location at the same time. It is what it is.

Sorry this is not helping, but this is the way the world operates now. I for one don't like it, but I either adjust my thinking or I get frustrated and that is not helping me either.

As to the warrantee. Well We all have been there to. A few days over the year or....

Mikey

#11 ·
Fuzz....Thanks for the heads-up...So far, I've had good transactions with Rock Auto....But, then again, I have not tried to return anything yet.

$200 would be a hard pill for me to swallow sitting down as well buddy.

#13 ·
I've had hundreds (seriously) of transactions with Rockauto, and 99% of the time, all has gone well. Even when items are lost in shipping, they've sent replacements asap and N/C.

However, as said earlier, buyer beware, things are always covered as well, and may be more expensive than your local parts supplier. (sometimes your better off with ebay) Ebay will always back the buyer, it's a lousy deal for sellers, but your covered.

My $00.02, Greg.

#14 ·
I had a very frustrating issue that they made good on but cost me a lot of installation cost and alignments. It was a manufacturing problem(mis labeled part). Somehow I got a person which helped immensely.

I documented my troubles either on here or Chevy talk but I haven't found the post.

Every other part I got from them has been fine and quit a bit cheaper then local but I'll never order struts again.:):bowtier:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.