Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Share and Tell, 1955 - 1957 Interior...

35K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  Nedou812 
#1 ·
I found this image of a really nice '55 - '57 Chevy Truck interior that I thought I would share with everyone. I plan on shamelessly stealing some of his mods for my truck down the road. This interior has been highly modified but very tastefully done and it looks as though it was factory. Now it is a little to much "Red" and "Leather" for my taste but it does look good. I just wished I could find additional pictures of the complete Truck, if the interior has this much attention to detail, I could only image what else has been done to the truck. Here are some of the modifications that I see done...

• Complete dash swap with a 1955 Chevy Car - This is one my favorite mods that I plan on doing to my truck!
  • All 1955 factory dash items are still there ie. Clock, Dash Speaker, Radio, Factory Air controls, Factory ignition, etc...
  • Carpet kit that looks like it came from the factory that way. It lays super flat with no puckers and all ends of the carpet are finished
  • It appears to have an after market tilt column but fits super tight up against the dash using the factory mount
  • 1955 Chevy Bel Air steering wheel, this appears to be a smaller after market version - 14" or 15"?
  • Gas and Brake pedals are nicely installed and almost look factory stock
  • Look above the radio and find the center A/C vents nicely molded into the dash and they blend in very nicely. On either side of the dash you have additional A/C Vents
  • Door and Kick Panels finished off with same molded ribs in them and they used the factory arm rests, door and window cranks - Very Nice Touch
  • It also appears that the dash is covered in leather? Would not be my choice but it does look very nicely done
  • Finally the seat was recovered in a simple but very clean pleats

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, I love red interiors, and I LOVE what that owner has done with his pick 'em up.. :) I think that's a '55-56 passenger car dash? and the OP is correct, the entire interior seems to be outstandingly performed....

#4 ·
Very, very nice Desert Dog...The only thing I can find fault with is the brake pedal....But, I'm a picky old son of a gun.

#6 ·
That's a beautiful interior, and yes, there's a ton of ideas worth "borrowing". :)

Also notice that they've installed passenger car style windlace (which is something I did in my own truck) and the windshield pillars have what must be custom fabricated moldings. There are also speakers semi-hidden in the upper portion of the kick panels. Nice! :tu

I don't believe the dash is leather covered. It appears to be painted with the same color as the column, but with a low gloss finish. Looks like they might have used the same finish on the upper door areas. I like it!!:congrats:

#8 ·
Man, I'd LOVE to have a '55 dash in my truck. It's in the body shop but honestly I couldn't afford to have the bodyman cut out my now repaired stock dash and weld in a car dash.

I drove my Dad's purchased-new '55 two door hardtop Belair all through high school. If I could afford to buy one to build I'd be building that instead of my '55 truck- but it's as close as I can get!

#14 ·
Here's mine.
All custom done by an old-school interior guy I use here in town. He did my '55 Bel Air also. Does incredible work.

[/QUOTE]

#15 ·
Was asked to post this photo in addition to those above:

#18 ·
Thanks!
Oops, don't tell my wife I said it was mine! Don't know what I was thinking. :embarassed:

#21 ·
Now that is just sick!!!

:tu:congrats:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.