Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

We lost John (JONINOMADER) today!!!!

10K views 110 replies 76 participants last post by  maddogs1965 
#1 · (Edited)
It is with a very sad and HEAVY heart that i have to let you guys know we lost John (JONINOMADER) today....

John was a VERY close friend to me, and a brother i never had...

He will be sadly missed...

R.I.P. my FRIEND and I will see you on the other side...:p3:

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry to hear of John's loss... R.I.P.:p3:

#10 ·
There is an emptiness in the world today with John's passing. While most of us all knew this was coming and felt a change in John recently I doubt any of us were prepared for the reality that has hit us today.

John was very unique and different than most of my friends and without this website our lives would never have crossed. But they did cross and he became a good and trusted friend and I am forever thankful for that.

RIP Johnny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Once again Randy, I could have not said it better myself.....

I am definitely not the best at expressing my feelings on paper, but I know John knew how much the California gang appreciated his friendship. He always had a quick joke and a smile, and if nothing else, he was always one of the first guys to welcome new members to bowtie-trifive.

I can't expres how much I will miss John's friendship :(

#13 ·
It's been a rough month so far for losing old friends.
I was at a service yesterday,and one today for two old friends.
One passed on March 7 and the other March 13.
Now I find out my first bowtie-trifive buddy John passed yesterday.:(
I talked to John for the first and only time on the phone a couple of
months ago and he told me that he had only so long to live,but was
also in great spirits telling me how grateful he was for the life he had.
He also told me that he gave you his pride and joy(Nomad) too Rick.
I know it's in good hands and that you'll really look after it. :):tu
Prayers and condolences to all John's family and friends.Sorry for your loss.

Love from your neighbors in the "Great White North".
Doug & Nicole

Nice photo of some nice folks. :):tu

#17 ·
I did not have the pleasure of knowing John, who sounds like that is my loss. Just want all his close friends to know that it will be but a fleeting moment until you see him again. If there is even just one of his friends who doesn't understand this, it would be my great pleasure to explain it. Sad for all of you but just know he is rejoicing in heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
It is sad to hear of John`s passing. He was a great guy, by reading his posts on here. I am also one who never had the pleasure of meeting him in person.
Terry

#19 ·
Rick, I am so sorry to hear of John's passing. Although I never got to meet him in person we did talk on the phone a few times. John was one hell of a great guy. I can't even begin to understand the feelings your having right now. I know John was like the brother you never had and how much the friendship you two share is valued. You and your family are in our prayers :p3:

#24 · (Edited)
Rick;

Having followed your efforts with Jon through his illnesses, you were certainly a very close dear friend of his and I know through Jon's postings that he felt exactly the same way. You have my deepest sympathies. Our hobby lost a prince.

I was lucky in that while I did not meet John n in person, I had the pleasure of private messaging him when he was feeling a little better.

#26 · (Edited)
Rick,

Terrible news, Rick, but it is somehow comforting to hear it from you. While I understood John was struggling with cancer I was not at all prepared for the news at this time.

What was it, Saturday, when you and I had a phone conversation regarding John and I complained John no longer answered or returned my calls. We kidded the best time to call him was 3:00 AM since John was such a night owl. :) Oh, if I had only attempted to call him later Saturday. :(

RIP John. You had a good run and left a wonderful legacy that your west coast friends can remember each and every time Rick, Tasha and Logan are tooling around in your outstanding BBC 57 Chevy Nomad.

#28 ·
I didn't know John personally either, but like most of us here on TriFive, we 'felt' we knew his nature. He was always the first to welcome newcomers, as he did me when I joined a few years ago, and he was a TRUE LONG TIME Nomader! I'm sure he's whooping it up in the Nomad corner of Heaven with those who passed before. RIP John!

Rick: If you or someone else near to John could post his Obituary here on TriFive, I think it would be a great gesture for those of us to remember him...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.