Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

I shot SPI--- on this 55 last nite

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  bsa_bob 
#1 ·
What the heck to i do now?.Its abit thick, Sand it?...with what? It will need more primer- but this putting more primer on before 7 days- has me wondering if i should sand it soon and 220 wet?????????? or what? and when?What do you think of this Spi -primer please spare me the whip. but i am listening thanks bob s

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
It was mentioned to me awhile back. "that i might like JUST the Epoxy" and sand and recoat, The painter i had spoken with/long ago- said its very easy to see an correct,needed to spots with the Epoxy.?He said Ididn't need the hi build prime??????????Does this sound right?thanks again. I i do sand this black Epoxy what grit should i use."Not in my instructions" thank you bob s.

#6 ·
#9 ·
Hello Rick_L When its good and dry, still slightly sticky.What grit when i do sand it ............thurday, I am thinking.It has a rough surface from setting in a wet enviroment. So its pitted all over one side and roof , not hurting the strength of the steel.Do i disc sand or hand and this Epoxy.Its got a thicker coat on it.Wanted to try another coat of epoxy as a filler,I have large amount left?No water though ?? bob s

#11 · (Edited)
"still slightly sticky"
Wait, you sprayed it last night, and its still tacky??

"It has a rough surface from setting in a wet environment. So its pitted all over one side and roof , not hurting the strength of the steel.Do i disc sand or hand and this Epoxy.Its got a thicker coat on it.Wanted to try another coat of epoxy as a filler,I have large amount left?No water though ??"
No offense, but this sounds like a disaster. Judging by some of the things you've said here, you might have to sand it all off and start over again. Mix and apply it according to the instructions, in a dry environment.

#16 ·
I spoke to Logan on behalf of Barry, He told me to go ahead and shoot another coat over this yesterday coat, no sanding needed it this point- wet sanding is good to go after waiting 12 hours . or close as he put it.When Epoxy i is dry. .theres the story, thanks for any help i i used bob s

#19 ·
MY MAN! Shine! hopin i hear from you. Im going to do just that recoat sand it and so on.Shadow the filler-- is what it does.Really is easy to shoot, but thicker i don't like to much.It'll work out. Has thru 20 some hotrods and kustoms see ya Porchdog:tu bob s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.