Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

'57 Chevy Fuel Injection System Original Complete

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  fiddysix 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I've seen some people post sky high prices just to avoid the ebay fees...this ones about double for what it is worth and in this market, he'll be lucky to find a buyer. A 57 convertible on there now that the guy wants to get a quarter million..pre advertisement for Barrett Jackson.

#9 ·
Several yrs ago, when Delco still had a real sales and service dept, the local rep had a basement FULL of complete FI systems. He bought alot of stuff that Delco was discontinuing, such as the FI units, Vette light and ign switches, all kinds of stuff. He referred to his basement as "Fort Knox"!

#10 ·
No mention of it being rebuilt recently. In fact the ad might lead you to believe otherwise.

There's a big diffference in value between a used unit and one rebuilt by someone known to have skills at rebuilding them.

Also there are 3 different 57 FI units. If you're building a "numbers matching" car you need the right one. Also the three are not equal in rarity or performance, hence value. No mention here of which unit it is, or even something that would confirm it's a correct unit for a 57.

#11 ·
Gotta agree with Wayne. Just cause you may think it's a lot doesn't mean some guy with a 57 fuelly Vette missing the fuelly unit does. Lots of guys with deeper pockets than you or me are out there. That unit could add a hundred grand to the value of someones 57 Vette. Don't believe me...check out Jack Podell. He's the leading fuelly guy in the country. And No I don't think you could duplicate that unit for half his asking price. Put one on my 60 Vette?..no thank you I don't need the headache.

Don

#17 ·
I thought a system like that sold for $8,000 or so, maybe they went up. I have $4000 into my correct 57 dual fours and would do it again in a second. I considered going fuelie, didn't want to have to learn to work on them.

#23 ·
sorry not trying to be anal just trying to keep info correct (as i know it)
#1110891....pas car&vette
#1110889....pas car&vette
#1110905....pas car&vette
#1110906....pas car&vette
#1110908.....vettte only rpo579E special tach drive also used 150 black widow
these are used in 1957 year
wayne

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.