Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

The Toy Shelve

15K views 60 replies 24 participants last post by  Charlie(CHIEF} Williams 
#1 ·
Dust off the Toy Cars you have collected over the Years and Post Pic's.

Attachments

See less See more
#31 ·
I have a friend who has a very large and detailed model railroad layout. He runs 3- O scale and 2 American Flyer tracks. There are lot's of buildings, trucks, cars and people. I have a bunch of 1/43 scale diecast cars which are the perfect scale for his layout. He has been trying to find a 1/43 scale 55 Chevy 2 door sedan for a Two Lane Blacktop project. They are just about impossible to find. The one I did see on Ebay sold for around $150.00. I had a few 2 door hardtops. I gave him a hardtop and a 1/43 Tucker that I had. It took him several years to transform the hardtop into the TLB 2 door sedan. I took a buddy over to see the train layout. There both of the cars I had given him were on the "street" of the layout.A few months later, I met up with him at our weekly Friday night cruise-in. He had his granddaughter with him. I had a present for her. After I gave her her present, he gave me a small box. I opened it and there was the TLB 55 that he had made. Quite a nice gift. These photos were taken with my cellphone, so don't beat me up too bad.

#34 ·
Red & White Nomad 4x4

had the set of both Red & White and the Blue & White at one time but presented the Red on to another Tri Five Brother (Jim Gordon ) 20 years ago after he Finished his 56 Pro Street car. He has sense Passed away but here is his Cover Page that was taken then. He helped me work on all my 56's back in the day. His Car will be making an appearance at the 2017 Hot Rod Nationals in Pomona, I Miss Him!:bowtier: RIP JIM.

Attachments

#38 ·
57 Radio

I love it! If I could find on in a 56 Vintage I would not hesitate to Purchase!
Great looking Toy Collection in the Background.
How is the Sound from that Lil Red 57?
I have inherited my Wife's Dad's 78 RPM Collection and have my eyes open for a Phonograph. Would love to find something Classic to Play them on.:anim_47:

#41 ·
I love it! If I could find on in a 56 Vintage I would not hesitate to Purchase!
Great looking Toy Collection in the Background.
How is the Sound from that Lil Red 57?
I have inherited my Wife's Dad's 78 RPM Collection and have my eyes open for a Phonograph. Would love to find something Classic to Play them on.:anim_47:
It actually sounds pretty good. I will keep my eyes open for 56 It was made by Randix under general motors .

#45 · (Edited)
Here is one I bet you have never seen. A 57 four door 210 diecast that is "hotwheels" size with working front doors and hood.

A friend of mine made this out of a 2 door post and a 4 door wagon. He is working on putting the glass in , the hood back on and painting it.

For comparison, here is the wagon he made...

#55 ·
Toys Under Glass

Now that I have Purchased a Daily Driver (2002 Saturn), I have to pay my Daily Respect to my Love of the 56 Chevy.
I have installed a Couple of my Classic Display Rollers Under the Rear Window.
Truly a Toy Shelve! bowtie-trifive
The Delivery Is Safely Parked and Secured Awaiting Upgrades.

Attachments

#57 ·
Now that I have Purchased a Daily Driver (2002 Saturn), I have to pay my Daily Respect to my Love of the 56 Chevy.
I have installed a Couple of my Classic Display Rollers Under the Rear Window.
Truly a Toy Shelve! bowtie-trifive
The Delivery Is Safely Parked and Secured Awaiting Upgrades.
Charlie,

Do you have any problems with the sun melting the windows on your models?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#58 ·
56's Under Glass

The Tinted Windows seem to Defuse the Harsh Sunshine from causing any Ill Effect on the Models. They have not been installed long enough to show any Harm.
The newest issue is that they Roll so Well that I can't Keep them in Place under Breaking and Acceleration. I have the Wedged in the Very Corners but I need to Take the Rotation out of the Wheels. I am thinking of simply using a piece of Scotch Clear Tape and forming a Belt connecting Both Tires thus Eliminating the Roll.
I haven't really considered the Windows being an Issue but now I will keep an Eye on it.bowtie-trifive

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.