Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Video Installation of 454 in 57

47K views 33 replies 26 participants last post by  '56 Sedan Delivery 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Great video Otis...I'm putting a small block in mine...However, I appreciate the "old school" classic look of any installation....You answered my question about the radiator...Specifically, what type of fan are you running?

#7 ·
Otis, great video....You didn't mention the waterpump. I thought you said some time ago that it was a long pump. Can you tell me what bracket system you used again. I have a 454 going into my 57, and I think I have worked out the mounts, the r & p steering, fuel pump, and most other clearance issues. I haven't moved forward on the pulleys or the pump.

I also want to run AC, and it looks like you got it all figured out. ....so for my questions,
how many grooves on the pulley at the water pump,
How many grooves at the crank,

Who did you get the pulley set from and is it all inclusive (for the long pump?)
Thanks,Gil

#10 ·
nice video, lotsa good info. wish i woulda known the milodon pan cleared the r&p bracket(couldnt get any straight answers from the different reps i spoke with), would saved me a lot of time. i went the other way and customized the stock pan. wasted the whole summer waiting for it to get welded up, finally decided to weld it myself. so i lost the summer but on the bright side i got a ton of practice welding. not to mention the feeling of satisfaction knowing i did it all myself. great vid, thanks for sharing it.

#12 ·
Very good video Otis, wondering if you know anyone or have any info about a BBC into a 57 with standard steering? Such as oil pan clearance, header(type or make) would 3/4 inch be enough clearance? etc... Any info you may know of would be very helpful.

I'm planning out for a 502 in my 57, 454 if the budget doesnt allow for a 502 I like your "old school" pulleys also, looks like the same set-up I have in mind for the A/C & alternator.

Your 57 is looking real good :tu

#13 ·
Video

Hey Otis,

Thanks for taking the time to shoot and share you BB install, I hope other guys will follow suit on SBC, as well as other modifications or installations they make, myself included...that way we can all benefit, we'll see what works and what dosen't... and as usual we are always learning something new...:tu

andy

#20 ·
Edelbrock 1722 - Edelbrock Performer RPM Street Fuel Pumps

The bottom rotates 360 degress for proper fittings.

Fuel Pump, Mechanical, Performer RPM Series, Chevy, Big Block, Each
Part Number: EDL-1722
Estimated Ship Date: Today
Free Flow Rate110 gphMaximum Pressure (psi)6 psiInlet AttachmentFemale threadsInlet Size3/8 in. NPTInlet QuantitySingleOutlet AttachmentFemale threadsOutlet Size3/8 in. NPTOutlet QuantitySingleQuantitySold individually.NotesThese fuel pumps are capable of supporting up to 600 horsepower.

$99.75

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.