Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1957 4dr HT rear door adjustment

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jwscab 
#1 ·
Please review attached pictures, any suggestions on adjusting this door, I am pretty well out of adjustments on the hinges, I tried messing with the body mounts and jacking the body but not able to resolve. This is right rear door of a 1957 4dr HT

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I wish I could give you some advice but have none this far. If you find any tricks or have some lessons learned I would love to hear them. You’re a little ahead of me on your restoration but I have door and window alignment issues with my 4-door hardtop as well and have spent hours trying to get the doors and windows correct. I usually get frustrated and have to walk away for a day or two. I’m going to replace the body mounts to see if it helps...fingers crossed.

#3 ·
if that is not the original door and has had any kind of work, it appears that the work was not done with the proper contour near the dogleg. this would require reworking the door skin and inner frame to better match the quarter panel. You can also take a cardboard template of the other side if it fits well and compare both quarters and both doors to see which is the odd man out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.