Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

pedal car

6K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  Crowbarman55 
#1 ·
So I am working on making my 55 pedal car look just like my real one but with no top. I have made all the side trim, made front seat. Took out the pedals and put in a floor. Cut the hood off to put a scale modle 350 small block in it. Working on inner fenders now. Well its not a pedal car anymore. Used flashlights for headlights could turn on if i wire it. Pics comming soon. Todd

#3 · (Edited)
I made this for my granddaughter, Darby. Her dad is a Kansas State grad/fan so did that theme. She is only 6 months old but he was really excited.

Not near as involved as yours. you gave me an idea though- I may get one and make a top for it and paint it like my 55.

Attachments

#16 ·
Pedal cars at fun and Grandkids are a good reason to build some cars. At one point I had 31 pedal cars in the barn. I have since thinned them out but kept a few that the Grandkids and some Nieces and Nephews have enjoyed. One thing I learned is that the kids do quickly outgrow the cars.
The one custom I built still has the pedal assembly and a removable floor that when installed turns the car into a cool stroller. A friend painted it to match a custom 58 Chevy I built several years ago. Grandsons still liked to show it off.

Attachments