Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello - New Member from NC

Tags
3K views 22 replies 23 participants last post by  Tri5 
#1 ·
Hello Trifive,

I'm a new member from Apex, NC (just outside of Raleigh). Just purchased a '55 2 door hardtop, 350, 3-speed, power disk brakes, nice paint and interior.

I'm transitioning from the finance world and took a long, cross-country RV trip this summer. While we were driving along route 66 we found lots of folks from all over the world driving the historic route and I heard the same comment over and over. "Wouldn't it be cool to make the drive in a classic American auto." We'll nothing to me says classic Americana like the Trifives.

So I'm in the early stages of assembling a small fleet of vehicles that will be part of a 19 day tour from Chicago to LA along historic route 66. I'm looking for hardtops, restomods with classic looks (exterior and interior paint and trim). Obviously making sure these vehicles are in greating running order is a MUST so I'm open to advice.

I think my basic set up will be new or recently rebuilt small blocks (carburator), 700R4 trannys, highway gears, P/S, power disk brakes (at least front), and vintage air.

So I'm sure I'll have a million questions. For example, this morning I had to move the car to make some room in the garage and she wouldn't start. I realized quickly that no fuel was getting to the carburator so I spent the day researching mechanical fuel pump versus converting to electronic. For simplicity's sake I stuck with the mechanical and I'll install in the morning. But now I'm wandering if I should go ahead and replace the fuel tank and sending unit.

Looking forward to chatting and hope to see some of you on the open road.

Oh yea, my company name is Blacktop Candy's and we should have our website up in a month or so.

Scott

See less See more
#2 ·
:sign0016: tobowtie-trifive

PIEDMONT CLASSIC CHEVY CLUB Raleigh NC
PCCC meeting's are held on the 4th Monday of each month
at 7:00 PM at Bobby Murray Chevrolet. 1820 Capital Blvd · Raleigh , NC 27604
http://www.piedmontccc.com/default.asp
We have meeting this Monday Night
Come Join us

#14 ·
Historical Trip on Route 66 !! Great Idea!!

Hey Scott, Welcome to the World of Tri-Five from Houston !!! We're really glad you joined us, and wish you best of luck with your new 55 Chevy and that historical trip across the country on Route 66, :tu if you can get the right group together, that sounds like it'd be a real hoot for sure, so good luck on that. :tu that 55 Chevy you just purchased looks like a real beauty, post a few more when you get the chance, and if you make that trip, be sure to post lots and lots of pix along the Route so we can share in recording that historical event here where it should be recorded on Tri-Five!!! Thanks for sharing !!! We look forward ta’ see'em... :tu take care, BDR…:cool:

#16 ·
Hi Scott and :sign0016: aboard to bowtie-trifive from Perth, Australia :shakehands: Glad to have you here with us :tu:tu That is a really nice looking 55 you have. It is very similar to one of our members that goes by the name of Mr 265 :flag6:

#19 ·
:hello: hi scott and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. good looking 55, luv color combo. have fun with it. :tu ..........................................i would look into a new tank kit for it. :anim_25:

#20 ·
:wavey: Hi Scott and welcome to the best trifive site on the web. You will find lots of friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful folks here. Great intro. I did the Route 66 trip from Chi-town to LA in 2003 in a '66 Mustang. One of my best trips ever. Looking forward to seeing your new website. Glad you joined us. :shakehands:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.