Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Exhaust position

Tags
exhaust truck
5K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  Speedbump 
#1 ·
I wanted get everyone's opinion on the best exhaust pipe position on a 55' 3100 series truck. I've seen a few, out the rear, after the tires, under the bed steps, or none at all. What does the majority think? If you have pics please post.

thanks

#2 ·
out the rear under the bumper, that way when you go thru the driveup, the person has a better chance to hear YOU not the exhaust.

#13 ·
Mine are out the back but have to be moved as the PO ran them through the space for the spare. :dontknow:

#8 ·
I agree as well. When I bought mine they were out the side and noisy as hell 2.5 inch pipe so I had them relocated to the rear. Much better I find with the headers though she is still pretty noisy. My better half says when I come home from work she can hear me coming for a block and half so she moves her car. ;)

#19 ·
Thanks, Bam. It's a month or so away from running though. Caught up enough now to start making the templates for the side glass so I can get it cut and get those one piece windows installed. Don't know if the chop has made it worse or not, but getting the template, channels and motors all in at the same time has been a real hassle today. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

#23 · (Edited)
You got that right.

I have a buddy who I told not to do that for the same reasons that you are changing yours. But I was told to "shut up because I like to listen to my engine when I drive". While he called me after he had the exhaust done and said "Man could you come by and check out my options because I got to change this I can't hear myself think.lol" He has a cammed out 383 stroker and thought it wouldn't be that bad.lol

Once again Speedbump the truck is looking great and that exhaust is just killer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.