Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked at at 57 2dr. ht. w/ 400 small block,4 speed. The body is very rough( alot of bondo and previous patch panels). It needs a complete floor, frame work and possibly a complete trunk. All of the stainless is there and the interior is complete(gauges, clock chrome trim). It appears that the original seats were redone. It runs and drives. Just looking for opinions. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
19,669 Posts
I just looked at at 57 2dr. ht. w/ 400 small block,4 speed. The body is very rough( alot of bondo and previous patch panels). It needs a complete floor, frame work and possibly a complete trunk. All of the stainless is there and the interior is complete(gauges, clock chrome trim). It appears that the original seats were redone. It runs and drives. Just looking for opinions. Thanks!
:eek: well seems high as in the description on body as u stated , but its a hard top,
Myself Id pass, tak a trip south or go out west , and look there , just my opinion tho :anim_25:

·
Administrator
48,735 Posts
well seems high as in the description on body as u stated , but its a hard top,
Myself Id pass, tak a trip south or go out west , and look there , just my opinion tho
I agree with Randy on this one. If the body is as rough as you say it will take a whole lot of $$$$$ to fix that alone.
Terry

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Sounds like a parts car to me. That front seat can bring good money, moldings and the roof if it's good. One member here is looking for a hard top roof. I'd say buy it, if you have the extra money to invest in such a car. They can be valuable parts source to you if you buy a builder. :anim_25:

·
Registered
66,304 Posts
pics would help. maybe make an offer, but doesn't sound like a bad price for a 2dr driver. :confused0006:

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Without seeing pics it's hard to give a opinion....but it sounds like to much work for the money, I personally wouldn't have bought my 56 if it needed panels and a floor ....but that's me....:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys! I was going to put a photo up, but it actually looks pretty nice in the ad photo.You know good from far but far from good! I didn't take any photos of the damage. The guy got ornery when I wrote down the vin and trim plate info, so I skipped taking photos. I think I'll pass and keep looking!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts