Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 11 yr old son has decided that he wants his own tri5 profile. Tried talking him into just using mine, but oh no he wants his own. I think its great that he has been apart of every min with my two cars. Oh yea by the way, he's already thinks the 57 is his :sign0020:
Just wanted to get your guys opinion on rather I should let him have his own.

·
Registered
19,596 Posts
Let him go for it... This hobby can always use new blood... Later, Dave:tu

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
I think it's a good idea

I think it's great that the boy is 11 and likes classic cars. Even if you do pass the 57 on to him, I think you guys still ought to build something together while he is still young. Speaking from experience, some of the best memories I have are of times my Dad and I spent under a shade tree or later in his garage. I owe most of what I know now about cars and mechanical stuff around the house to him.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Well my 11 yr old son has decided that he wants his own tri5 profile. Tried talking him into just using mine, but oh no he wants his own. I think its great that he has been apart of every min with my two cars. Oh yea by the way, he's already thinks the 57 is his :sign0020:
Just wanted to get your guys opinion on rather I should let him have his own.
:):tu Go for it! Now is the perfect time to let your son know he is a full fledged member of the tribe here.

And the time you spend together sharing such father - son experiences will help him all the days of his life.

Happy Motoring,

Harry

·
Registered
903 Posts
Oh ya let him have his own, on giving him the 57 naww you help him find his own project and have him earn and pay for it mostly himself(with your help of paying you back with chores and your needs around your home ) he will have more respect for it and appreciate it more than a kid that is just handed it. jmo

7,080 Posts
Oh ya let him have his own, on giving him the 57 naww you help him find his own project and have him earn and pay for it mostly himself(with your help of paying you back with chores and your needs around your home ) he will have more respect for it and appreciate it more than a kid that is just handed it. jmo

Held off posting till now, something was just not right. This nailed it for me. Heck yeah let him have a site with your supervision, but don't give him the car. Let him earn it, work on it with your guidance and knowledge, invaluable. Part of out problems today is we give our kids everything so they can have it better than we did. We earned what little we got and APPRECIATED IT. Money and things don't buy a good childhood, parents should do that. :congrats: Lloyd :bowtier:

·
Premium Member
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lloyd and shoebox, I agree with you 100%. I have worked my tail off for everything I have and I'm not just going to hand him either of my cars. He just thinks its his :sign0020: but he knows better. He has been saving his money so he can buy a car, but I told him what he earns I will try to match. But for some reason he's stuck on a 56. I'm very proud of my son and how well he knows the tri5s. He knows a lot more than most 11 yr olds. But I will be letting him have his own profile in the next cpl days. We have also talked about respect of other people and this awesome site. Yes, I will monitor his post and comments but I really don't think I have anything to worry about cause he's a very respectful young man.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I say, that is great and let him go with it. I bought my first 56 when I was 13, after growing up with a 69 camaro and a 66 mustang......and wanting a tri five for as long as i can remember. I'm 28 now and love to hear when younger guys like the classics. I have learned so much from this site. Which I love so much, because when I was a young guy and going to car shows, no one would take to me seriously and were very rude to me, this site has shown me that not everyone is like that.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Nothing wrong with that

Im 30' most guys my age are ricer car guys. Most have this stereo type that trifives are for old guys. I found plenty of people my age and younger that are trifive owners.

Get him started early I was 10 or 11 when I started getting into cars.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.