Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone can help out with this. How are the side windows held up on a 150 utility sedan? I know the windows do not have any regulators, is it just a gasket or a special track that holds up the window so it can't fall and break the glass?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Try doing a search beside the new post at the top of the page. stationary quarter windows. Lots of good info. Ron

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Originally there was a sort of W-shaped strip that mounted with one arm against the inner side of the outer sill, the other arm flat against the top of the inner sill, and the raised center part of the W holding the rubber window gasket up into position. Then there are two L-shaped brackets that mount to the top of the inner sill and press against the rubber gasket to hold it against the window opening. There is a third L-shaped bracket at the top to hold the top of the window rubber against the opening. Finally, the inner window garnish moulding serves to also hold the window rubber in place.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys I did find that old thread.:tu
We might have to make up some channels/brackets for the side windows.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Maybe someone can help out with this. How are the side windows held up on a 150 utility sedan? I know the windows do not have any regulators, is it just a gasket or a special track that holds up the window so it can't fall and break the glass?
there is a rubber gasket just like the front and rear that holds it in place ,and on the bottom there is a cple L shaped brkts to hold it against the body while you put your garnish mouldings on to secure everything

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you 55 carman for the pictures. Seems to me without the long piece of metal that you put on the inner quarter and goes under the window after time? that window might fall? B.T.W. are the fixed window the same size as the roll up window.:tu

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Yes the window is different. The long strips are important to hold window in position. There are two type seals Danchuk sells the type that butt against the inter window frame. Steel Rubber sells seals with a lip that lays out on body. That's what I prefer to use. I think it has a cleaner look and a better water seal. Ron.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Carman I am looking to do the staionary rear windows on my 56. I had to get some inner panels for the car cause someone who had it before cut the originals out. I was wondering what thickness and type of flat metal you used that is secured to the top of the inner quarter to hold the window up.

Thanks,

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts