Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking at running the following Tire & Wheel sizes on my '57 wagon (it has stock ride height suspension).

Using the wheel calculators on this forum....

It appears that a 215/75x15 mounted on a 15x5" wheel on the FRONT needs a full 3" Back Space to fit the stock suspension.

and at the REAR... a 235/75x15 mounted on a 15x7" wheel would require a full 4" Back Space (to nearly center the tire & wheel).

- I don't see many using these larger 15" diameter 75 / 78 series tires on their cars / wagons any longer?

- If you have, What size(s) did you use (front & rear)?

- and with what size width and back space of your wheels??

Seems to me these 15" diameter wheels / with the narrower tires that I'm wanting to use would actually fit better than the super wide / low profile 40 - 50 & 60 series that are so in vogue.

Any thoughts please share them here.

btw - I'd like to use a one piece wheel like an "ET Classic 5" but the 3" and 4" back spacings are not always available.
Any ideas of wheel manufacturer that can supply this style, in these sizes and back space?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
That will work fine. I have 14" wheels with 225's rear and 215's on the front on 7" and 5" wheels. with about that backspace. Depends on what you want, resto-mod or stock retro look.

·
Registered
176 Posts
tires

If you want an old school look or an original look that is what to do. A 3 1/2 backspace will probably work fine. I am in the process of doing an older torq thrust look using 7 on the rear with 235/70. The problem is the front using 4 1/2 finding a 185 or 195 tire for the front.

good luck
Brink55

1 - 3 of 3 Posts