Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1955 Chevy 210 Delray
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, My name is Brad I am 16 years old we have had a 1955 roller for as long as I can remember. My father's project that he never had time or the money to do with having triplets(I am one of them the other two are girls). I always wanted it to be my first car since my dad had a 56 for his first car and both my Grandfathers had tri-five's. After years of begging I was told if I could save a significant amount my Father would let me take try to get it running. Hours of mowing lawns, Birthday money, Christmas money, and tons of hours at my current job at Chick-fil-a I am ready. I am extremely nervous and I don't know what I am doing. I'm hoping to absorb as much information on this forum as possible. I am looking forward to sharing my project and progress with you.

I will post pictures later but it is a 1955 Chevy 2 door sedan

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Welcome Brad glad you picked this site to stop by and share your project. Cannot wait to see some pictures sounds like you have a great plan for the 55.
Don’t hesitate to ask any questions lots of really good people here willing to help.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Welcome to the party! You have joined the right group. I couldn't have done my wagon without the sage advise of the experts you'll get to know here.

·
Premium Member
Chattanooga TN
5,562 Posts
Hello and welcome to trifive.com

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Hey Brad good for you!

I support any young person who's interested in cars and looking for advice. You will find this is a great place to get it...and x2 on what others said: let us know where you are and there are good people here willing to donate time and parts to the cause, myself included. Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hey Brad, welcome from Australia :)

Well done on your efforts and journey so far, nice work 'mate'.

You've come to the right place, heaps of knowledge and helpful people here.

And the nervousness will soon pass, we've all been there :)

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Welcome - as already said many of us got our start with a special Tri-Five when we were about your age...and we didn't have near the resources that are available today, particularly this forum. I'll be keeping up with your progress, and like the others will help where I can.
JR

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Post some pics. Nothing to be scared of, I built my first car at 16 without the internet. You're in good shape for guidance here!

( Just watch out for the Canadians, they will trick you into thinking Lite beer is acceptable 😜)

·
Registered
68,433 Posts
hi Brad and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro.

Reactions: Brad's RF 55
1 - 20 of 31 Posts