Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Administrator & Tech Articles
55,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an "old school" steering wheel cover for a stock 18" wheel....I'm talking about the ones that you put on, then had to lace up....Anyone got a source for these anymore?

· Registered
1,946 Posts
Pops you'll have to go with the truck one for that size, I buy one occasionally at Pepboys.
Oh I think they are made by Superior

· Registered
31 Posts
I've bought that style cover recently from O'Reiley Auto parts. If you have O'reiley near you give them a try. I know it's the type of cover you are looking for, but not sure about the 18" size. Good luck.

· Registered
247 Posts
I'm looking for an "old school" steering wheel cover for a stock 18" wheel....I'm talking about the ones that you put on, then had to lace up....Anyone got a source for these anymore?
I think I know what you mean. I managed to find one a number of years back for my ’67 firebird. It had a dimpled effect and was laced on. I have not managed to find one since. There are lots of the long single piece ones that you wrap like tape and then follow up with a leather lacing wrap. I am not a big fan of those. One can try the modern truck steering wheel covers but I find them a tad out of period.
I did chat with a place that will custom make a leather steering wheel cover with lacing/stitching for about $50 plus shipping. I will probably get one from there. You do have to make sure you measure correctly for the order.
Here is the site:
http://wheelskins.com/index.php

Here are 2 pics from their site that show what I am talking about:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.