Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is a Plymouth but it made a cool old hot rod It was a running driving number matching car It now has fatman front clip 350 chevy with 700r4 rear end is 10bolt out of 86 monte carlo ss now it is cool cruiser

Attachments

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I know it is a Plymouth but it made a cool old hot rod It was a running driving number matching car It now has fatman front clip 350 chevy with 700r4 rear end is 10bolt out of 86 monte carlo ss now it is cool cruiser
Real nice coupe. The 33-34 Dodge/Plymouth Coupe lines are about the best of that era - long hood and low roofline from the factory. Plus - very little wood to deal with. First car I ever worked on was a '33 Plymouth sedan - so I guess I've got a soft spot for them.
JR

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was the first one I worked on also it is a different animal than working on my 55 bel air was

·
Registered
15,190 Posts
Hey,i gotta say it looks pretty darn cool.I like that nose in the weeds stance. :shakehands: :tu :tu

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Great looking hot rod, and sounds like it's now a great driver too! :)

·
Registered
65,803 Posts
cool hotrod, will put that on my want list. :tu

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Looking good!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I'm a diehard Chevy guy, but I think the '33-'34 Plymouth/Dodge are the best looking 30's cars made! When I first saw one up close I thought it had a 2" top chop as they just have that look compared to other makes. And the grille, and body lines are as good as it gets!
Your car has a great look, and nice stance! Well done!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks the way the top looks is what I like also it does looked chopped and the pe coupe has a longer wheel base than the shorter pd coupe so when you lower the stance it looks even long mean and lean plus it was easy to put in a v8 no firewall mods needed. It has been a great hot rod most people don't know what its or have never seen a Plymouth like this one

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I built a '35 for my buddy, and the difference between your body style and his is day and night! His is a nice body style, but certainly larger, and taller. It had plenty of room for a V8 also without modifying the firewall, but we lengthened his frame horns 8" to get a longer wheelbase, plus he wanted to eliminate the ugly frame horns on the '35. So I welded on '29 Ford frame horns, and boxed them in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
these are pictures in the paint paint booth this was my first time painting a black car it is single stage nasson sanded and buffed it turned out ok probably could do better next time didn't want a perfect car just a cool car .So who thinks the spare tire should be on the back or off truth be told I already taken off so should it stay off thanks for all the comments on the old hot rod

Attachments

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
As much as I like all of the original bits to stay on the car - part of its original character - I'd vote to lose the spare. You either have to mount the original size tire which wouldn't match what you're running on the car and would therefore not be useful as an actual spare, or you would mount a wider tire that just wouldn't look right. Remove it and any trace of the original bracketry and enjoy the beautiful lines at the rear of the car.

Saw a black '34 Dodge pickup at a cruise night Saturday...didn't get a chance to look at it close, but sure wanted to - reminded me of your car from the front.
JR

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks 55 madman you are right that spare tire just stuck out there even tried the spare tire cover and it just did not flow. Also on the inside I used original dash instruments all gauges still working ,original steering column and steering wheel with rubber flooring so the inside looks like it did in 1934 except the black lokar shifter .

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I'm with JR on losing the spare tire too. It just muddles those beautiful body lines, and doesn't look right. Even if it was in a nice steel tire cover it would still break the lines and look out of place.
I love the fairly stock look you've got going, and it really works for your coupe. Of course I love black paint, but rarely have a car straight enough to pull it off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks that spare tire just does not work the next thing to do is recover those running boards have the new rubber just don't know what glue to use have you put new rubber on running boards before

1 - 20 of 27 Posts