Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I was accepted to enter in The Classics and Chrome Car Show here in Rockford,IL. I considered it an honor because there were some high end cars there. There were a couple of Packards (absolutely beautiful) as well as a 1948 Tucker. What a great car that was! I myself even got a trophy for my '55 Nomad. I was very surprised and elated because it is just a driver.

·
Registered
🐔County, TN. 55 Bel Air Sport Coupe
10,883 Posts
Thank you ,Tony. I guess I'm critical of my car. I see the flaws and the things I should do and the things I should have done. I guess I'll just keep her polished up.That really helps, you know, to keep her shiny!!!:sign0020:
Yes, shiny is good but it's hard to keep black primer and rusty bumpers shiny.:sign0020:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Tucker was way ahead of it's time. I can't believe someone would drive around in one as valuable as they are. Don
Don, I respectfully disagree with you. I applaud this guy for driving his Tucker. A vehicle that was way, way, way, ahead of its time and the only reason it foundered was because the Big 3 realized what a threat it was to "their" auto industry. Not to get into a political discussion, but it was politics among the Big 3 that that sounded a death-knell to the Tucker. The Tucker would have taken us into the 21st century way before we entered into the year 2000.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.