Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This 1955-1956 original jack has been completely restored to original specifications. The set includes the jack, base, and lug wrench. The final touch for any serious restoration.

Rebuilt and Restored to Factory Specs
For Display ONLY
Some jacks may have pitting

COST: $325 + Shipping

Have questions? Want to see more pictures? Call us or check out our website www.SoutheastChevyParts.com

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Am I missing something here???

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Those are great for show, but I can't believe the ways I used to use them...:tu
Cowboy :flag6:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Am I missing something here???
Yep,
I'm with you....a little confused. Seller is selling a restored jack for $325 bucks and then says it's too expensive for him to buy? But he's the one selling it....so he admits it's too expensive...then ask to buy used jacks, I assume for less than the $325 he's charging, then resell them to others for the same price?....a little backwards for salesmanship...wouldn't you think? JMHO...:sign0020::sign0020:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep,
I'm with you....a little confused. Seller is selling a restored jack for $325 bucks and then says it's too expensive for him to buy? But he's the one selling it....so he admits it's too expensive...then ask to buy used jacks, I assume for less than the $325 he's charging, then resell them to others for the same price?....a little backwards for salesmanship...wouldn't you think? JMHO...:sign0020::sign0020:
Let me explain myself.

I was born into this hobby and got to enjoy the benefits of driving many classic Chevys ('61, '63, '64' and '66). I love the cars and I enjoy helping provide customers with quality parts to restore their cars. Our prices are fare but there are ways of purchasing these parts for less ... if you want to spend the time to go to swap meets, buy large estates and whole cars, or search on-line. That's what we do so as to save our customers their most valuable asset, their time. When customers call us we go to work for them. If we don't have the parts in our 30 year collection then we go on the hunt for them.

We purchase inventory and then take the time to restore it to show quality. I believe this adds value to the product and for this reason we would want to buy it for less then we sell it. If you are not satisfied with the price that's ok. That's the beauty of an open market.

As for my comment about "too pricey for me." I miss spoke since I was not representing Southeast Chevy Parts but my own views, which I should not have written. My father (boss) would not be pleased with my comment. I submit this as an apology. As much as I enjoy these cars, there are some years that I couldn't afford to fully restore, simply because the parts are so scarce and the prices (understandably) high.

I hope this helps clarify my comments.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to explain myself. Feel free to respond or ask any follow up questions.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
It looks like a reasonable explanation to me.
Fair enough.... :shakehands: He mis-spoke...if you have the money, buy it...if not, find it and DYI the item and save some cash. Two ways to go about restoring these cars. do it yourself for pride of workmanship and accomplishment, or have it restored to display as an owner of some history....of course, devoid of bragging rights, as you didn't do squat except put out the cash. Me, I'm more into bragging rights...may not be perfect, but knowing "I did it all by myself" and a learning experience is worth more to me than the whole car. Course, I can't sell my labor unless I get real good and have lot's of time...there's only one "Fuzzy" on here that has that bragging right and he does an excellent job...no wonder he's busy as a bee....:sign0020::sign0020:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fair enough.... :shakehands: He mis-spoke...if you have the money, buy it...if not, find it and DYI the item and save some cash. Two ways to go about restoring these cars. do it yourself for pride of workmanship and accomplishment, or have it restored to display as an owner of some history....of course, devoid of bragging rights, as you didn't do squat except put out the cash. Me, I'm more into bragging rights...may not be perfect, but knowing "I did it all by myself" and a learning experience is worth more to me than the whole car. Course, I can't sell my labor unless I get real good and have lot's of time...there's only one "Fuzzy" on here that has that bragging right and he does an excellent job...no wonder he's busy as a bee....:sign0020::sign0020:
I don't mind giving credit where it is due ... I am a good art appreciator.

The art that I create is film and commercials. I'd rather video someone restoring their own car and make them and their car look good. I've got to find some people in my area that would be interested.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Mike, i appreciate your comments, but tend to disagree. I did not restore my car, but I believe I have bragging rights. Yes, I paid for it, but it is never finished. I got busted knuckles and grease up to my elbows at times to prove my ownership. I will brag just as loud as the next guy, because I have learned and earned it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.