Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I received a NOS 1955/ 1956 parking brake warning light in the mail that I purchased off E-Bay. It is in extra nice condition. The kit was complete except for a 1 inch 10-32 screw to hold the switch halves together, and it is also missing the small clip that holds the flasher to the top of the kick panel. This very cool accessory is going to be installed on Mikey's Sedan Delivery build, and we all know what a perfectionist he is. So, I am hoping that someone here has an old unused flasher clip that they are willing to sell or part with? This accessory is getting scarce and expensive, and the odds of finding just the flasher clip for sale on E-Bay are low. So, I am hoping that someone has some spare parts "squirreled away". I have attached photos of the kit we bought, the accessory installation sheet (to show the flasher clip), and the warning light that is installed on my Nomad. Please send me a PM if you can help out.

Steve
Rectangle Wood Font Flooring Tints and shades

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
10,464 Posts
To flesh out the story, I located it, but I have pieced together one for my Sedan Delivery project. Steve wanted to do some thing special for my Nephew Donovan. After I got my 55 convertible out of
moth balls, Donovan had to fidget around with my Remote Control Mirror and Brake warning kit. He mentioned that he had to have those for his 55. So Steve and I are going in halves on the purchase
of this one and Donovan will get my other one. All we need is a clip and to make some new wires for the one Donovan will receive.

Thanks for helping with a young Trifiver's dream

Uncle Mikey

·
Registered
334 Posts
There are several online, if you want to pay $500 or more for the Parking Brake Alarm Kit. My parking brake works so good, you cannot leave it on or you are not going anywhere.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know that there are some kits available, but we only need the flasher clip.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If there is no luck getting a clip from a member here, the best bet is to look at all of the 50's era and early 60's parking brake warning light stuff available on E-Bay. Those oblong Tung Sol flashers (which is what the clip is for), were used for many years in both 6 and 12 VDC versions across all of the GM makes. The non Tri -Five Chevrolet parts are usually substantially cheaper.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts