Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am beginning to restore a 1955 two door Bel Air hardtop and currently working on the vintage 265. As I take a parts of the motor off I am restoring and painting them, and then store them away for the rebuild.

My question is, what was the correct black color for the intake, fan, pulley, draft tube and fuller neck and cap? I am thinking it may be a semi gloss black. Vs a flat or gloss black.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Dennis

·
Administrator
66,133 Posts
here's mine ,,,the black is semi gloss black ,fan and pulley are semi gloss black also ,,,the draft tube should be orange along with the rest on the engine itself ,,,even the generator support arm is orange too,,,
Now thats a great looking engine bay :tu

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the input! I said "intake" by accident, I was actually thinking about the breather. I must have been tired or something.

Thank you again!
Dennis

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here's mine ,,,the black is semi gloss black ,fan and pulley are semi gloss black also ,,,the draft tube should be orange along with the rest on the engine itself ,,,even the generator support arm is orange too,,,
Mr 265,

That engine bay really does look sharp! Please call me at
(864) 201-1397 when you have a chance please. I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thank you,
Dennis

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,714 Posts
Dennis.....We have a section here where you can ask for TriFive related tech articles:http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20204 One of the articles is What's Painted What....It will be of great help to you.

That said; I did see an original 265 in a museum recently and it looked to be correctly painted.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Thank you for the input! I said "intake" by accident, I was actually thinking about the breather. I must have been tired or something.

Thank you again!
Dennis

:sign0020: Definitely happens to the Rest of us....:shakehands:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts