Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen one of these before?

I bought this oil filter at a swap meet about 15 years ago, back when I was going to put an original 265 in my '55. Long story short, I kept the '67 283 that was already in it and running strong and plan to keep it that way.

Just curious if anybody's seen a filter canister like this. This is an aftermarket unit, and differs slightly from the AC canister available through GM at the time. This one has an integral thermostat housing and cast iron base, where the AC units look like they have a stamped steel base sandwiched between the intake and t-stat housing when installed. The lid has "Use Walker RC-30 Cartridge" stamped in it (hard to see here).
I painted this unit when I bought it to look like the AC version, and applied the decal also, but when purchased it was all orange. I'm cleaning out my parts boxes and might put this one up for sale.

Attachments

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,845 Posts
I have not seen one with the thermostat mounting on any tri 5 according to the 55/56 chev this is what they offered back in the day.
I've never seen one either....Would be for 55 V8 only....56 had the canister filter built into the block.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts