Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Good current photos, some basic information, and a price would help with the sale a lot.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After much thought and consideration I have decided it's time to sell my '55 BelAir. Received as a Christmas/Birthday gift from my wife in December 2002 with odometer reading just over 34,000 miles (can't remember exact mileage) in completely original condition. Original 235 Blue Flame engine with 3 speed manual transmission Began body on frame restoration in 2010, stripped all paint and repaired minor body damage and rust removal and repaint with original Regal Turquoise and India Ivory. Completed reassembly, installed front disc brake kit and Vintage Air kit for safety and comfort Installed complete reproduction original interior in summer 2014. My wife had stroke in fall 2014 so all restoration ceased at that point. Wife passed away December 31, 2017 and I lost all interest in completing the car. Car has been completely reassembled, but requires some attention to detail to be road worthy. Engine was maintained and ran up until summer of 2020 when the fuel pump went out. Up to that point I would drive it around the neighborhood every couple months to keep in running condition. Asking $30,000 OBO, only serious offers will be considered. First photo is of current odometer reading of 38303 miles, second was taken shortly after I received the car , then various stages of bodywork & paint, and last is reassembled sitting beside the only F**d I ever owned..

White Light Camera lens Camera accessory Reflex camera View attachment 349347 View attachment 349348 View attachment 349349 View attachment 349350 View attachment 349351 View attachment 349352

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
After much thought and consideration I have decided it's time to sell my '55 BelAir. Received as a Christmas/Birthday gift from my wife in December 2002 with odometer reading just over 34,000 miles (can't remember exact mileage) in completely original condition. Original 235 Blue Flame engine with 3 speed manual transmission Began body on frame restoration in 2010, stripped all paint and repaired minor body damage and rust removal and repaint with original Regal Turquoise and India Ivory. Completed reassembly, installed front disc brake kit and Vintage Air kit for safety and comfort Installed complete reproduction original interior in summer 2014. My wife had stroke in fall 2014 so all restoration ceased at that point. Wife passed away December 31, 2017 and I lost all interest in completing the car. Car has been completely reassembled, but requires some attention to detail to be road worthy. Engine was maintained and ran up until summer of 2020 when the fuel pump went out. Up to that point I would drive it around the neighborhood every couple months to keep in running condition. Asking $30,000 OBO, only serious offers will be considered. First photo is of current odometer reading of 38303 miles, second was taken shortly after I received the car , then various stages of bodywork & paint, and last is reassembled sitting beside the only F**d I ever owned..

View attachment 349360 View attachment 349347 View attachment 349348 View attachment 349349 View attachment 349350 View attachment 349351 View attachment 349352
My sympathies on the passing of your wife. I hope you've been able to find some peace and comfort in your life.

Could you kindly elaborate some on what is meant "attention to detail to make it road worthy"??
Would pics of the engine compartment, trunk, under carriage and especially the interior, be available?? Did the body on frame restoration take place at a body shop or did you do it?? Same for paint. Any front suspension parts replaced?? Thank you for your time and effort, Carmine.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't locate the photos I have of the engine compartment, and I would need to get better lighting in the garage to take new photos. "Attention to detail" I referred to are: brakes need to be bled and adjusted, front-end alignment, charge Vintage AC system, complete installation of seat belts. It has reproduction original bias ply tires, but due to age should be replaced. Only front-end parts replaced were the parts included in the disc brake kit that was installed. Body was stripped, repaired, painted, and all body panels reassembled by S&J Restorations. I had removed all trim prior to taking to body shop, and I straightened, polished all stainless trim myself and reinstalled with all new clips and hardware. I replaced almost all chrome with new reproduction parts. With the exception of alternator, Vintage Air, and disc brake conversion, car has been restored as close to original as possible. I do have original generator, drum brakes and all original parts removed from car during restoration.

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
I couldn't locate the photos I have of the engine compartment, and I would need to get better lighting in the garage to take new photos. "Attention to detail" I referred to are: brakes need to be bled and adjusted, front-end alignment, charge Vintage AC system, complete installation of seat belts. It has reproduction original bias ply tires, but due to age should be replaced. Only front-end parts replaced were the parts included in the disc brake kit that was installed. Body was stripped, repaired, painted, and all body panels reassembled by S&J Restorations. I had removed all trim prior to taking to body shop, and I straightened, polished all stainless trim myself and reinstalled with all new clips and hardware. I replaced almost all chrome with new reproduction parts. With the exception of alternator, Vintage Air, and disc brake conversion, car has been restored as close to original as possible. I do have original generator, drum brakes and all original parts removed from car during restoration.
OK. Thanks. I'm going to send you a personal message.

·
Registered
68,433 Posts
sorry about your wife, prayers sent. best of luck PaPa Mike.

Reactions: DHR Darren
1 - 10 of 10 Posts