Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a 1955 belair front or rear bumper driver condition not show quality low price? something i could have recromed later when i can aford but looks ok for now. thank you :blowtiedb:

·
12,256 Posts
IMO I'd save up now and buy a new repop bumper. They're not much more (if at all) than the cost of re-chroming so you'll save money in the long run. Reports are that the quality is good.

·
Premium Member
16,157 Posts
.... Reports are that the quality is good.
I have tried three repops since they came out and none of them fit well at all. :frown: I figured the first one was due to the fact they were new to the market but the last two were within the last year or so and they were just as bad, Ended up sending them back. :eek:

-Bruce

·
Registered
258 Posts
SuperChevy - I have some bumpers taking up space in my garage. PM me and we will discuss getting you one.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I have a 55 wagon bumper........it's ok for a driver......let me know if I can help.......where are you located?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Check with Sam's classic chevy in Illinois. That is where I got mine, its a triple plated rechromed GM original. The rechrome is done in Minnesota. Extremely happy with the quality and it fits really nice. Stay away from the repop's heard nothing but horror stories, mostly about poor fitment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in east TN. 37713 zip also ill be at the car show in Somerset Kentucky this week end thanxs for all your help this seems like a great form. This will.be the first time IV ever taken my car out of state.hope I make it.

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
I see one for a 55 at a local auction. What should I pay for it if it needs to be rechromed? I don't need it because I have 57 but if it goes dirt cheap maybe I'll grab it for somebody here. It definitely needs to be rechromed.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
i live in maryville tn, if you do not find any i have one but will have to see if it is front or back.have not looked at in in a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts